SSP funding

IcyBlue

Has anyone else received funding information from GTown SSP?

I just got my letter via e-mail (I've been on a campus visit, and stayed away from my e-mail), and I'm quoted two different amounts of funding within the one letter. This is pretty important, as the difference may well determine whether or not I can afford Georgetown...

I know I need to contact the folks in charge of this, and I'll be doing that shortly - just wondered if this happened to anyone else? I can't decide whether or not I should be celebrating right now :?:

Alternatively, if anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who might be interested in funding my degree, I'm open to suggestions.

I didn't recieve any mention of funding either. All in all I havent been very impressed with the responsiveness of Georgetown's admissions people. I'm going to call on Monday to find out what the story is though I assume this means that I didn't get anything.

I wouldn't count yourself out for money just yet - they did initially tell us that we wouldn't hear until next Friday, so maybe they're doing this in waves or something.

I should've been clearer - there was no mention of funding in my acceptance letter (the snail-mail edition of which only just arrived on Friday, as well). The funding was a separate e-mail. Then again, my acceptance letter also indicated that my deposit is due April 24, but I think others on gradcafe were told the 15th? Maybe I'm just floating in some parallel Georgetown universe? (That might explain how I got in in the first place!)

How are y'all planning to cover costs? I really, really want to go to SSP, but I'm *very* concerned about my ability to pay.

I dont have any savings and I assume that there is barely anyone that has enough money to pay for school. I'll be taking Stafford and Stafford plus loans. If I go to Fletcher I'll go about 70k in debt, if I go to Georgetown and dont get funding Ill probably go about 100k in debt. Then I hope for a job that will allow me to pay off 8k-9k a year in loans. It's depressing but I guess that's how the system works...

Hi there,

Has anyone recieved anything besides the email on the 20th. I am kind of new here so I figured you guys may be of some help. haven't recieved anythig so a friend of mine asked me to get involved with you all.

Cheers

In addition to the initial email saying I'd been recommended for admission, I've received a snail mail letter from the Dean confirming that I'd been admitted and an email last Friday from Tiffany regarding scholarship funding.

I just got my letter via e-mail (I've been on a campus visit, and stayed away from my e-mail), and I'm quoted two different amounts of funding within the one letter. This is pretty important, as the difference may well determine whether or not I can afford Georgetown...

I know I need to contact the folks in charge of this, and I'll be doing that shortly - just wondered if this happened to anyone else?

I also received a letter via email, but mine was internally consistent with regard to amount.

The same thing happened to me - the amount quoted in the first paragraph was different from the amount in the terms and conditions. I emailed Tiffany Swanson and she clarified the offer and sent me a revised letter this morning. Turned out to be the lower amount, grr.

^Oh no! I called Tiffany Swanson's direct number, and the phone did some weird, but when I called SSP general, I just got the answering machine. I am definitely naming my rapidly-forming ulcer after Georgetown...

Just received an email from Georgetown:

"Thank you for your application for a scholarship from the Security Studies Program at Georgetown University. Unfortunately, our funds are limited, and we receive more requests than we can accommodate. I am afraid we will not be able to offer you a scholarship at this time."

Makes my decision much easier as at $90,000+ Georgetown is a definite no! Almost definitely off to American SIS and really excited about it!

Good luck to all you guys still waiting on funding. :)