Tour of the Campus / Meeting POI in-person

ToomuchLes

When would be an appropriate time to schedule these things?

I recently talked to my POI on the phone, and we held a very stimulating conversation, that I personally found to be a good sign and quite entertaining. I would very much like to meet him in person, by means of a coffee or lunch; however Fall quarter has been quite demanding, and so, I doubt I'll be able to schedule anything this year. From what I heard, professors, especially ones on the adcom, arent allowed to meet with prospective grad students while they review applications. Therefore, between what months do people, normally, meet with their POI?

Preferably, Id like to meet him before my acceptance (or rejection =X) into the program.  

I haven't heard of this "not being allowed to talk to applicants" rule before, but if you are worried about bad timing, why don't you express an interest in meeting with the POI and ask them when they would prefer to meet with you.

I haven't heard of the rule, either. I actually have a meeting with a POI scheduled for January, 3 weeks after the application deadline of the school in question. Maybe you could ask the POI if he could meet you sometime in the beginning of next year; if the "not being allowed to talk to applicants" rule applies, he'll tell you so.