Need help with your AWA essays? $25 off GRE Writing course

PeakPerformance

Hi everyone,

I am offering a $25 discount to any Grad Cafe member who enrolls in my live, online GRE Analytical Writing Prep Course starting Tuesday, November 12 at 4:00 pm PST. The course is 12 hours (4 3-hour live sessions) and includes personalized feedback on 8 essays (4 argument essays, 4 issue essays). The course is recorded, in case you can't attend during the scheduled hours.

I have taught writing at the college level for more than 13 years and have helped many students who previously received a 3 or 3.5 on the GRE AWA raise their scores to a 5 or higher. If you're looking to improve your writing and critical thinking skills, I can help you!

For more information, just click on the link in the signature.    Use coupon code GRE1112 when checking out for discount.

Hi,

The classes can be viewed through a link online, but not downloaded onto your own computer. They would be made available within a few hours of the class's completion each Tuesday. If you couldn't make the live classes and were only going to be able to watch online, I would be willing to set aside 3 hours -- 1 hr a week at a time that fits both our schedules -- for us to meet online to go over questions you had about the material covered in class and issues with your writing.

Are you even allowed to advertise on these boards?....

Any class for the AWA is a waste of money. There's very simple general guidelines to follow to get a 5

writing is not my strong point, i am looking any means that can make me get a good score may be a 5 or a 4 , is there any other way?  i try to write essays every other day. also, do engineering schools put emphasis on the AWA.

The course is 12 hours (4 3-hour live sessions) and includes personalized feedback on 8 essays (4 argument essays, 4 issue essays)

When you say "personalized feedback" do you actually mean I the student will hand in 8 essays and we will go over them, thus "personal feedback"

Or do you mean, we will go over 8 essays you have selected beforehand and because I happen to be there to hear your general critiques, it is "personalized"

writing is not my strong point, i am looking any means that can make me get a good score may be a 5 or a 4 , is there any other way?  i try to write essays every other day. also, do engineering schools put emphasis on the AWA.

MIT and Cornell do for sure. I suspect Caltech may as well. For the other schools, you probably want to be above a 4.