SOPHAS and Transcripts

pulpoperdida

Hi Guys,

Fighting with several transcript issues, and thought I'd check here to see if anyone had any answers as I wait to hear from the SOPHAS reps=)

1. I'm currently taking an online econ class for credit at Johns Hopkins, mostly because I'm applying to the joint IR/MPH at Columbia and I wanted to bolster my econ background. However, mostly cause I've ended up with very little time to devote to the class, I'm not doing super well (C+/B- average). Do I really have to include this along with my undergrad transcript??? (I think the answer is yes...but I'm hoping for a lifeline here)

2. Study abroad. I'm feeling really dumb, but the FAQ section on this is really confusing to me. I did an SIT program, and I think what its saying is that I just list it as a semester based in Vermont (which is where the SIT headquarters are) and then get a separate transcript from them However, the SIT courses from that semester show up on my main undergraduate transcript, but without grades attached. Do I need to also then enter them as course work there?

3. Gym classes, similar question here. My undergraduate had a really weird way of noting gym classes, so basically they are on my transcript but in a way that doesn't quite fit into any of the SOPHAS designations. Do I have to go through the process of converting alll of that to something SOPHAS understands? I mean, I'm sure nobody cares what gym I took, so I don't reallly want to spend a ton of time on this, but I don't want to make a mistake either..

4. Senior year, I got special permission to take one poli-sci class at the 300 level instead of the 200 level (much longer research paper at the end of the class).There is literally not enough room to put this in the course title, so I'm not sure how to capture this in SOPHAS. (Ie. the course shows up on my transcript as POLT-243 POLITICS OF LATAM (Taken at the 300 level),)

Feel free to respond with answers and/or transcript questions of your own=)

1. Yes, you do. Sorry :(

3. Yes, you will have to convert it. All my classes were in trimester, and even though trimester was an option SOPHAS let you select, they unsubmitted the application and made me convert all my credits to quarters. Convert them, or they will unsubmit your application and significiantly slow down the process.