How exactly to mention interest in specific labs

I'm applying for a PhD in CS/robotics, and I want to include a short part in my SOP stating my interest in certain labs/professors' work. I'm finding it hard to figure out how to write something better than "There are lots of things going on in this lab that I find interesting." How have you guys gone about writing these sorts of paragraphs?

I handled this by tying the work the professor/lab is doing into my research interests and projects I've completed/currently doing.  If you have additional skills that are beneficial to this lab you could highlight those as well.

I'm applying for a PhD in CS/robotics, and I want to include a short part in my SOP stating my interest in certain labs/professors' work. I'm finding it hard to figure out how to write something better than "There are lots of things going on in this lab that I find interesting." How have you guys gone about writing these sorts of paragraphs?

Define "things."