whether including personal family issue in sop for clinical psychology program

I was told many times not to put a personal, especially relating to mental, issue on SOP.  However, I cannot proceed my statement without my son's diagnosis with autism.  At the same time I graduated as Ph.D. majoring in cognitive psychology, my young son was diagnosed.  I became a full-time mom juggling with his therapy schedules. But, my advisor allowed me to use research associate title (non-funded part time)to publish and join in the academia without lapse. While I stayed at home, I kept publishing to scientific journals.  One of them has been cited 74 times since 2010. The reason I want to join in clinical psychology came from my son's diagnosis.  

Do you think this mention will undermine my professional statement?

I think you should mention it. They want to know about your background and this is a strong enough reason to mention it. It will show they that you will perhaps be more motivated than other students. Writing it in subtle manner wont hurt. May be just write about it in a line and leave it. Sometimes less is more :)

Hope it helps.