Taking GRE in 1st week of Dec is good decision or not!!!

rohit.ahuja22

Hey im rohit...im planning to write gre xam again in 1st week of dec 2013. Can anyone suggest me whether it would be a good time to write the xam or should i drop the idea of applying for fall 2014. In my 1st attempt i got a score of 300 (154 quant and 146 verbal). Please help me out in suggesting the way ahead as i wanna apply for fall 2014...

Thanks and regards
Rohit

Well, I took the GRE on 10/19 and the scores were finalized and submitted to my schools by 10/30...so approximately 11 days. If you don't have any deadlines in the first part of December then you might still be fine. However, I have 2 apps due 12/1 and 3 due 12/15 so an early December test date wouldn't have worked for me. I do know a lot of schools whose deadlines are in January. You'd probably be fine for those types of deadlines. It just depends on where you're applying.

i advise you to ask those universities whether they will accept late reports or not. Most of them will allow you to complete the application in a week or 2 after the deadline. Good Luck!