FQRSC, Quebec

paige

• 3 weeks later...

I applied for the Master's twice. The first time, I was rejected and they sent me a letter to say that the committee which evaluated my application gave out 4 grants for a group of about 25 applicants. I have heard that the odds for the PhD are slightly better (don't bet your next paycheck on that info though...)

The results are up on the website for doctoral applications at least!

I'm a bit confused myself.. I got offered 12 months of funding. I am currently in the second year of a five year PhD program, and my impression was that meant I was eligible for 3 years of funding. I didn't know the FQRSC awarded partial period awards when there was still 3 years left within the period of tenure of an award. Any thoughts?

The results are up on the website for doctoral applications at least!

I'm a bit confused myself.. I got offered 12 months of funding. I am currently in the second year of a five year PhD program, and my impression was that meant I was eligible for 3 years of funding. I didn't know the FQRSC awarded partial period awards when there was still 3 years left within the period of tenure of an award. Any thoughts?

That`s very strange. My letter mentionned nothing about funding period. I just assumed it was the first 3 years.

Just an update in case this info is ever useful to anyone else.. I filed the form and my request was approved. My funding was bumped up to 3 years. It pays to voice your grievances I guess!