Applying for a 2nd M.A.

I am preparing my applications for my 2nd M.A., this time in Political Science. I just completed an M.A. in philosophy. I am mainly looking into 1-year M.A. programs, preferably course-based. My LOR are okay, and my grades are decent, but I was just wondering what the admissions in like for someone like myself who already has a Master's degree? I realize that the majority of applicants will be B.A.s, but will my M.A. be seen as an asset or a hinderance to my application (I realize this is a very general question and that it depends on a number of contingent factors such as the admissions committee, my application, funding, etc)?

I'm just curious to know if anything has gone through the process of applying for a 2nd M.A., and whether or not the fact that I have an M.A. in philosophy will be seen as an advantage? 

Well there are people who get more than one Master's so I don't think adcom's will be surprised to see your application.  Whether your prior MA is a hindrance or an asset is up to you.  What do you think?  Do you plan on utilizing both knowledge bases for your desired career?  If not then why the sudden desire to switch gears?  I think the key is to avoid looking like you have no idea what you want to do and are earning degrees just because.  You should have a clear idea of what the 2nd will do for you that your 1st couldn't.