What to do with my life?

Jwan622

So, I recently got laid off from my job in finance and I'm looking for some good direction. I used to work as a quantitative trader in equities and options, but I've decided to move on from that industry. I want to do the following things:

1) help people or provide a service

2) learn something new or a new skill

3) obtain a background in stats or data

4) enter a line of work that might allow for me to continuously learn and provide a service.

What schools I should I look into if I want to pursue a graduate degree? I'm currently taking my GMAT and I'm looking to apply to grad schools next year. I'm 27, I graduated from an elite undergrad with a 3.4 gpa, I worked as a trader for the last 4 years, and I'd like to 180 my career and do something else. What do you suggest doing? Where should I look?

What grad school should i look into? 

What do people think of MPHs?

Guest Gnome Chomsky

Why not to try to be changemaker? Come pursue a master's degree in Europe, study in a diverse, innovative learning environment with peers and faculty from all parts of the world. 

Acquire the knowledge, skills, and practical experiences that will help prepare you to be a real changemaker for the public good.

And finally, why not to try out something new? 

That's what our students say about the program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhqYgKjx7BU

Will be glad to answer any of your questions.

What the hell is a change maker?

I have no background in finance, but for what it's worth, have you considered becoming a financial analyst?

So, I recently got laid off from my job in finance and I'm looking for some good direction. I used to work as a quantitative trader in equities and options, but I've decided to move on from that industry. I want to do the following things:

1) help people or provide a service

2) learn something new or a new skill

3) obtain a background in stats or data

4) enter a line of work that might allow for me to continuously learn and provide a service.

What schools I should I look into if I want to pursue a graduate degree? I'm currently taking my GMAT and I'm looking to apply to grad schools next year. I'm 27, I graduated from an elite undergrad with a 3.4 gpa, I worked as a trader for the last 4 years, and I'd like to 180 my career and do something else. What do you suggest doing? Where should I look?

What grad school should i look into? 

What do people think of MPHs?

Edited by jenste