Applied 9..... got only 1.. what's wrong??? T_T

Sync

Hi,

I am international student. I applied for 9 universites.

Here is my story....

I don't graduate from BFA. (I graduate in advertising)

I don't have graphic design background.

I don't know much about graphic design society.

I don't know who is the famous graphic design in present time.

Here is what I think I have

I think I have 'eye for the design'. I do as producer in advertising agency (totally not related to art and design field), I love to critic some design work and my co-worker, creative loves to listen to my idea.

Mfriend always told me that I was born for graphic design jobs.

Most importantly, I love when I do graphic design!

So....

I applied for 9 universities (base on USNEWS graphic design ranking)

I got rejection letter times to times... 7 rejections, 1 waiting list, 1 accepted (Pratt)

Question is....

I always though to do the portfolio like I love(no pretend or no copy other works) so my port is not so pure graphic design, it lean to illustration....with many rejection like this... should I consider myself??

Does it the sign of something that I shouldn't continue my educationa as graphic design? Should I do the MBA?\

From my education profile, my family always told me to study MBA or something that is value to life , not art.

This time, I just wish to do as I wanted to, just listen to my desire...and the result like this.. should I listen to my family? Is my portfolio that bad??

Sorry for long word, I just want to crying out loud..

Anyone who have same situation like me?

Just share. Thanks in advance.

For the most part an MFA is intended for those who either have previous education in that field or experience. If you dont have either they wont be as interested in you. Its no different than applying for a job that you dont have the experience or education for in comparison to 400 others that are applying. i got rejected from the 3 schools i applied to, i believe it was because i wasnt very well prepared and i did not present myself well. ill be trying again next year.

Applying to 9 schools and getting into 1 is NOT that bad...especially if you are applying to top programs! These are insanely competitive programs to begin with in an insanely competitive year, throw in all of the other factors and I would say you should be pretty happy getting into 1 out of 9 programs. It's not as if an application guarantees admission; in many cases you are competing with upwards of 900 other applicants, many of whom are going to be equally qualified, if not more so, that is, sadly, the nature of the game.