Gates Cambridge 2014 notification?

deplorableadventures

Anyone know if one can apply to Cambridge, then apply for the Gates once they are already there? It doesn't look like it, but wow, this looks like a great opportunity that I wished I had heard of earlier..

As a current Cambridge student, you can apply for the scholarship if you apply for admission to a new program (ie, you are doing an MPhil and applying to start a PhD). When I applied for my program this year, all you had to do to apply for the Scholarship was check a box and submit an extra 500 word essay by the funding deadline (October 15 in the US), and they consider you for the scholarship. See the FAQ: http://www.gatescambridge.org/apply/faqs.asp

I have not heard back yet either.

Edited by Dig_Anthropology

Nope. Sent them a message via the contact form on the Gates site, and emailed my department earlier today, hoping they'll get back to me in the next few weekdays.

Mind posting what you mind out (if anything)? Thank you.

Did anyone end up hearing back from the Gates trust?

Apparently, they sent all invitations before the holidays.  Mine was (originally) sent on the 20th, except it never reached me (they said it bounced), so only got it this morning.