any chance getting into Chem PhD program

olzha

Hello everyone.. I'm planning to apply for chemistry PhD

I'm not planning for any decent graduate schools.. but I'm kind of stuck..

I've:

BS degree in chem engineering..low GPA..(2.7) 1 publication..1 year r.experience

MS degree in maths.. low gpa(3.0)

no industry or any science related experience..just worked as a teacher..(at high school :-)

and is there any ways to be accepted if you don't have any research experience..like maybe if you have high GRE score...

or ... 

thx in advance.

I think you can definitely find a school to accept you, it's just a matter of keep applying to all the schools until someone say yes.

High GRE score, good SoP and good/great LoR can help your application.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to get your PhD in chemistry?

Hello everyone.. I'm planning to apply for chemistry PhD

I'm not planning for any decent graduate schools.. but I'm kind of stuck..

I've:

BS degree in chem engineering..low GPA..(2.7) 1 publication..1 year r.experience

MS degree in maths.. low gpa(3.0)

no industry or any science related experience..just worked as a teacher..(at high school :-)

and is there any ways to be accepted if you don't have any research experience..like maybe if you have high GRE score...

or ... 

thx in advance.

I knew at a grad student at UC Irvine who had no research experience and mediocre GRE scores, so it's possible. It will however be more difficult. 

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I have a Masters in organic chemistry and i am from india. I have a GPA of 8.66 on a scale of 10. In my BSc i have a chemistry score of 80% and an overall score of 70% (I am a triple major student in my BSc).I have a performed horribly on my GRE,i scored a mere 297 (probably students who take up GRE as practice scored better than me).Also due to lack of financial resources i will not be taking up GRE again. Hoping to get a publication but i dont know if it will be accepted before the application season is completed. Do i stand a chance in getting an admission in the universities in US? and could you please suggest me some universities that accept the GRE scores similar to mine. It will be really helpful.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...