Non-philosophy applicants stubbornly advising philosophy applicants...

SelfHatingPhilosopher

You seriously can't find anything more constructive to do with your application angst than randomly alienate people in an internet forum? Some people :X

That's a pretty reductive way of describing what happened. You do realize that he was literally mentally ill, oftentimes failed to even write coherent thoughts, called a fellow applicant a "bitch" in sole virtue of them being a she, was publicly warned by the moderators of this forum, and was otherwise constantly belittling and aggressive to other applicants? These are the reasons that other members such as myself and zizeksucks chose to "randomly alienate" him.

That's a pretty reductive way of describing what happened. You do realize that he was literally mentally ill, oftentimes failed to even write coherent thoughts, called a fellow applicant a "bitch" in sole virtue of them being a she, was publicly warned by the moderators of this forum, and was otherwise constantly belittling and aggressive to other applicants? These are the reasons that other members such as myself and zizeksucks chose to "randomly alienate" him.

I was actually talking about the alienating going on in this thread. And don't even try to pretend the "he has a mental ilness, let's ignore him" was a result of any of either the sexism or the moderator conflict (I am fairly sure that the accusation of being mentally ill occured before either of these things happened!). Maybe you should re-read the thread where that took place (and this one!), and reconsider who is being aggressive and belittling.

Edited by Jarrod

Also: how do you be "literally mentally ill"?

Edit: I love how the troll is upvoting my posts XD. Bar_Scene_Gambler, would you agree that the voting system on forums like these is a great modern example of how herd morality functions in lower human beings?

Edited by Jarrod

Just, for the record. 

A) I'm sorry I started a bizarre misandry situation. This wasn't my intention. My intention was simply to talk about the ways in which  philosophy, as a whole, has problems with representation of members of underrepresented groups. So, I'm sorry I fed the troll, I've been lurking and I couldn't not do it--it took more will-power than I have.

B) I'm not a philosophy applicant. I'm abd in philosophy. I came to the forum to talk about dissertation fellowships. Stopped by the philosophy forum to see if I had any advice that could help, then saw the dfindley situation happening.