When to apply? Expiring GRE scores?

c11m07

I'm in the beginning stages of figuring out what my next step is education-wise. I have my master of arts in teaching and am considering a more advanced degree.

My dilemma is when I would apply. I just earned my degree in May 2013 and began my first year of full-time teaching this past August. For a number of reasons, I'd like more experience teaching before taking the next step-- whether it be studying education, sociology, or gender.

GRE scores are good for 5 years, right? I took the test in August of 2011... I could have sworn I read on an admission website (though I can't find it now), that the scores have to be within five years of matriculation, but that seems sort of odd. I was on the GRE site and it says scores are good for five years and that currently all scores after July 2008 are valid... so would my scores be valid through the 2016-2017 admissions season?

My main concern is that I wouldn't be able to necessarily score as well again (165 verbal/95%; 160 quantitative/78%). I'd hope so on the verbal (I teach English!), but I feel like I lose more math each day.

Thanks for hearing me out!