Claremont Graduate for either MAPEB or MA Public Policy

I was wondering if anyone has applied or is familiar with Claremont's Public Policy program...particularly it's MAPEB program. It's part of the bigger Social Science Policy School at CGU. Not much info except for on their rather website. Couple posts on grad cafe years ago for those looking for alternatives to MSF or ID programs. Seems like an MBA alternative for its blending of government private & public sector emphasis.Sent admissions director an inquiry email & had not received any feedback yet. Any thoughts?

• 9 months later...

I was looking at that program also and would like to hear from others.  I just completed my MPA from USC.  I thought the MAPEB offered better analytical and practical skill sets than the MPA, which has advantages in the workplace.  I also like how the MAPEB has different tracks (Risk Management, Financial Policy, Public Policy etc.).  

My concern is it does not appear that there is a program administrator that runs this actual degree.  Rather CGU lumps various courses and churns out a sexy title for a degree: Master of Politics, Economics, and Business.  If you look at the courses in the degree program, there is no politics course and only one economics course.  It's like 75% business.  So I don't think it gives the politics and economics discipline any justice by awarding this degree.  But I could be wrong!

Overall, I feel CGU is small and from what I've seen on this board lacks student funding, which is crucial for Grad School.  Also, I really can't find anyone who graduated from this program, which is an ominous sign.

I live near the campus so it would be ideal to attend here.

• 3 weeks later...

I get that feeling too about a lack of program coordinator for MAPEB. Interesting enough, had a friend who applied for a PhD program in the same department but for political theory....he never got word back of an admission decision. It was only later he found out that they were missing couple items in his application and failed to inform him in a timely manner. So take that for what it's worth