Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Hello, 

Thought I'd sign-up since it bodes well if everyone is informed about what's going on given that the applications are done.

Received note from Duke that I was wait-listed yesterday. It was a rather optimistic email, but I'm not sure what to make of that.

Good luck to you all!

M

Congrats to you! Can you give the maschochists among us any specifics? I was sure hoping for a Duke waitlist but as yet have not heard a thing.

Well, just rejected from UNC. Didn't think I was a spectacular fit there, so whatever.

I was rejected.  Though in my case, it was one of my top choices.  I'm pretty desensitized to the pain that comes with rejection...

I was rejected.  Though in my case, it was one of my top choices.  I'm pretty desensitized to the pain that comes with rejection...

That's kind of how I feel about Berkeley, though obviously no official news yet. I've got only two shots to end up anywhere near my family. (Stanford's the other, but no real hope there either).

University of Toronto has e-mailed me to express some interest and to ask for an additional writing sample of my choosing to help them assess my strengths. 

Yikes, that sounds like it could be nerve-racking. How long have they given you to prepare it? Do you have something you feel confident sending them?

Yikes, that sounds like it could be nerve-racking. How long have they given you to prepare it? Do you have something you feel confident sending them?

They gave me two days. Given the short notice, I imagine they wanted to see something unpolished, so I sent them something I submitted for a recent class. We'll see, I guess! I would be shaken if I didn't already have an acceptance elsewhere; I am interested in U of T, but that takes the edge off a little. 

I just got into Northwestern! Nice email from Baron Reed! 

Wow, amazing - congrats! What are your AOIs? The NW admits have be constantly refreshing my e-mail. This one will sting a bit!

Congrats to you! Can you give the maschochists among us any specifics? I was sure hoping for a Duke waitlist but as yet have not heard a thing.

Not a particularly revealing email, but quite positive. They said that they give out very few offers to begin with and keep a short waiting list which they usually make it quite far down. No specifics on where I am in relation to others. Hope you hear back soon. 

Congrats to everyone already accepted somewhere (or at more than one place).

Who else thinks that Pittsburgh and U of Arizona might give out first round offers this Friday? I'm quite excited. 

I'm guessing the scheduled Pitt response is for Phil, not HPS?

Congrats to everyone already accepted somewhere (or at more than one place).

Who else thinks that Pittsburgh and U of Arizona might give out first round offers this Friday? I'm quite excited. 

Agreed.  I also think Penn and Chicago are going to be soon.