Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Anyone wants to claim the UC Irvine submission?

I'm the one who posted it. I got the email last night around 11PM EST. I'm afraid I don't have any insider info for you though. There was nothing in the email about number of offers, wait list, etc. 

Edited by aduh

I'm the one who posted it. I got the email last night around 11PM EST. I'm afraid I don't have any insider info for you though. There was nothing in the email about number of offers, wait list, etc. 

Congrats man! *Obligatory downvote*

What an incredibly strange time for them to email you...Was it formal or informal? Personal or generic? Site updated or not? Your focus? BA or MA?

Edited by TheVineyard

Congrats man! *Obligatory downvote*

What an incredibly strange time for them to email you...Was it formal or informal? Personal or generic? Site updated or not? Your focus? BA or MA?

Thanks!

I guess it was informal as it indicated that funding info would come from the graduate school within a week. It was addressed to me, but other than that it was impersonal. My status on the site has not been updated. I can't say I have a focus yet, but I have many interests, primarily phil. science, decision theory, and language. MA.   

Huh. I didn't receive any e-mail from UNC, not an acceptance, rejection, or wait list. Peculiar. ... (I'll probably be rejected tomorrow.)

I'm in the same boat as of right now. Given that it seems a fairly large number of acceptances, rejections, and wait-lists have been reported, is the only hypothesis that the rejection list is quite long and is taking a while to get through? 

I'm in the same boat as of right now. Given that it seems a fairly large number of acceptances, rejections, and wait-lists have been reported, is the only hypothesis that the rejection list is quite long and is taking a while to get through?

I believe this is the case. My email came late in the day, prolly near quittin time. Each email its also addressed to you be name, so it does take at least some extra time.

@aduh Okay, seeing as you are the only to report and it was at a very strange hour, If think that more are coming soon. Or at least I hope!

Edited by TheVineyard

Yup, I was just waitlisted at Berkeley. 

Congrats on the waitlist! Do you mind telling us if it looked like a mass email, or was it personalized? (In other words, if one hasn't received it yet, is it time to give up hoping?)

I received mine about an hour and a half ago now, and it was personalized. (Dear *My Name Here*)

No information about the size of the waitlist. Beyond saying that they've very often admitted students off of their waitlist in the past, there's no substantive information about likelihood of admission.

Congratulations! And good luck!

Claiming the Wisconsin-Madison acceptance! The email is personalized down to specific parts of my application they liked, and how my interests are a good fit for the program. I would expect these to come out pretty slowly.

I am honestly in disbelief right now, thought this program was a bit of a reach for me.

Claiming the Wisconsin-Madison acceptance! The email is personalized down to specific parts of my application they liked, and how my interests are a good fit for the program. I would expect these to come out pretty slowly.

I am honestly in disbelief right now, thought this program was a bit of a reach for me.

Congrats! So jealous....I want this one really bad!

Enjoy your downvote good sir/maam.

I thought you said Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and I got really excited to check my e-mail for one second. Congrats!

Edited by Dylanhelloglue

Wow, congrats! Do you mind sharing what your interests are? 

Thanks! Enjoy your (good-spirited) downvote in return!

Congratulations!

Seriously? I bet I'm just never going to get any e-mails. :(

But congrats to those admitted!

I feel the same way right now.  :(  But that's crazy!  We have another five weeks of these to come.

Value theory broadly construed (including normative and applied ethics, metaethics, and political philosophy.) 

Just curious (if you are comfortable giving this info) are you applying with a BA or MA?