Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Where in our profile can we put acceptances at the bottom  like you just did? Or do you insert that each time you post?

We are a bored people. We hand type and format it in raw html every time. It keeps our minds off of the rejections and makes us feel like we are accomplishing something.

Edited by TheVineyard

I'm wondering when Notre Dame is going to get in on the action.

I would upvote this but I've "reached my quota." I think we need a thread just to post all of the priceless posts for safekeeping. Like whoever said that grad schools are powered by fretting undergrads. :)

I would upvote this but I've "reached my quota." I think we need a thread just to post all of the priceless posts for safekeeping. Like whoever said that grad schools are powered by fretting undergrads. :)

That was also me! I'm hilarious. And humble.

Click on your user name, top-right corner.  Click My Settings.  Click Signature.

We are a bored people. We hand type and format it in raw html every time. It keeps our minds off of the rejections and makes us feel like we are accomplishing something.

LOL THANKS

You have three more of them than many of us.

Lol you're already in two good places, relax, some of us haven't heard anything (chirp, chirp, chirp) and are fretting out about being shut out.

I still haven't heard back from several schools that are extremely important to me. We're all struggling here, and in different ways. Please keep that in mind.

You know, I wish 1) there was a common app, and 2) a ranking system where we could list which schools were our top interests. I feel like this is kind of a free-for-all when it could be more strategic.

But seriously, think about all the hours you spent filling out the same info for 15 different applications. 

You know, I wish 1) there was a common app, and 2) a ranking system where we could list which schools were our top interests. I feel like this is kind of a free-for-all when it could be more strategic.

But seriously, think about all the hours you spent filling out the same info for 15 different applications. 

I've heard worse ideas.

I just got a form email from a school I did not apply to asking me to apply. My heart almost stopped because the more reptilian part of my brain thought it was a meaningful email from a school I DID apply to. Damn you, spammers.

Edited by dgswaim

I just got a form email from a school I did not apply to asking me to apply. My heart almost stopped because the more reptilian part of my brain thought it was a meaningful email from a school I DID apply to. Damn you, spammers.

Yeah, spam has never annoyed me more.

I'M GOING NUTZZZZ. NEED. ANSWERS. NOW..

When are you going to tell Cincinnati you aren't accepting? I saw your name on the email about the recruitment weekend they sent out =P

I want to tell them asap but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it.

Edited by TheVineyard

When are you going to tell Cincinnati you aren't accepting? I saw your name on the email about the recruitment weekend they sent out =P

!

I want to tell them asap but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it.

I actually have no idea yet where I'll be accepting, it'll depend on where I get offers and what I think of schools when I visit them! So I'm still planning to go to the Cincinnati weekend!

Edited by carolinebk