Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Anyone who knows which PhD programs in philosophy besides Albany SUNY are still open for application? It seems that the application deadline of most of these programs has already expired. But are there any ones that accept application with financial aids? Thanks. 

If you're open to MA programs, there are many that are still receiving applications. Ohio University, for instance, is accepting applications through March 1st. 

So, given what is transpiring with Northwestern and Ludlow, I wonder what this could mean for those of us who got into Northwestern this year... especially given what happened with CU. 

If they've already made you an offer, I wouldn't worry about it. CU was an extreme situation, and they suspended admissions... even if NU went down this path, it would affect next year's cycle. 

So, given what is transpiring with Northwestern and Ludlow, I wonder what this could mean for those of us who got into Northwestern this year... especially given what happened with CU. 

If it's any help at all, I'm a current PhD student at NU. Though I'm not in the philosophy department, much of my course work has been there, and I'm working closely with one of the professors. I know a number of the students fairly well. Honestly, I did not know this Ludlow thing was happening until looking at these threads. I don't know what that says exactly, but I would highly recommend you get in touch with some current students and female professors. If you want, feel free to PM me and I can direct you to some folks who I know would be completely happy to answer your questions. As others have said, this isn't going to affect your current offer (this scandal took place initially in 2012, from what I've gathered, and they've had two strong incoming classes since then.)

Edited by marXian

Has UC-Riverside released any rejections? 

If I haven't heard back either way from them and am starting to assume the rejection notice is implied.

Also...does anyone know how MA programs are handling notifications? I have applied to several of them as well but have not heard anything back

If I haven't heard back either way from them and am starting to assume the rejection notice is implied.

Also...does anyone know how MA programs are handling notifications? I have applied to several of them as well but have not heard anything back

You might still be wait-listed at UC Riverside, I don't think they've notified people about their wait-list yet.

Also, congrats to the Toronto acceptances!

Pittsburgh HPS acceptance on Feb. 10.  Not sure whether that really helps us re: philosophy.

I don't even think that really helps the HPS people much, considering that there has only been one of them and it was by phone. Probably their favorite candidate got it early.

Edited by TheVineyard

Congrats x2! Would you mind sharing your stats and perhaps also your AOI? 

For the purposes of anonymity, I don't want to post too much information about my application publicly, but I will send you a message with the info if you'll find it helpful.

I know that GSU will notify everyone by the first week of March, acceptances, waitlists and rejections, according to an email they sent out today.