Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Yeah!! First philosophy acceptance. MA at Miami University in OH. Wait-listed for funding, though. I've also received an offer (but with funding, thankfully), from a religious studies MA program. 

I finally feel I can breathe a bit easier, now that there are at least some options on the table. 

(And with all the chatter about MA's on here lately, I feel compelled to defend myself and say that I don't possess an undergrad degree in philosophy, so having the MA as a stepping stone is pretty necessary for me.) 

Congrats! Miami University (OH) consistently sends students to top Contiental philosophy programs! 

So does anyone better understand the Pittsburgh HPS situation? One acceptance was reported by phone (which is how Pitt typically does it), and that's it. Last year nobody posted acceptances, and I have never seen them do a waitlist looking back the last few years... Huh.

Yale hasn't sent rejections. Just FYI I'm keeping a list of what I believe are legitimate reports of notifications. See my blog. Click 'notifications'. 

Speaking of said blog: The notifications graphic is missing some good schools, and I cannot figure our why. An example is Virginia, which is one in which I have an immense personal interest. 

Edited by AquinasDuo

Stanford is up.

I'm checking with a few people to find out whether this is legit.  Please post if you have information.

Update: The usual source doesn't know, either.  I'll update my blog when I hear more.

Update: An hour later, and no info on Stanford.  Also no more posts related to Stanford.  I'm not believing it until I see something more.

Edited by ianfaircloud

I'll claim the Stanford acceptance.  I received an unofficial notification of acceptance from Bobonich, presumably because of my interest in ancient.  He says that an official email is soon to follow.  I don't know what impliciations this has for other acceptances.

EDIT: On re-reading, Bobonich is also the admissions chair.  So perhaps he sent the unofficial email because of that.

Edited by deverettf

I'll claim the Stanford acceptance.  I received an unofficial notification of acceptance from Bobonich, presumably because of my interest in ancient.  He says that an official email is soon to follow.  I don't know what impliciations this has for other acceptances.

Please post when you have more info (like an official email), and major, major congrats! I'm dyyyyyying with envy lol.

EDIT: On re-reading, Bobonich is also the admissions chair.  So perhaps he sent the unofficial email because of that.

Congrats!! You're killing it. Any idea which offer you are more or less likely to accept?