Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Did everybody check the online status of your application to Duke? I want to know if the website has been updated for *every* applicant, because the status of my application seems not updated and it says "no notifications." I have not received acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. It is a bit weird. I have no idea what happened.Thanks. 

Edited by Platonist

Did everybody check the online status of your application to Duke? I want to know if the website has been updated for *every* applicant, because the status of my application seems not updated and it says "no notifications." I have not received acceptance, waitlist, or rejection. It is a bit weird. I have no idea what happened.Thanks. 

I also have heard nothing. However, since waitlists and acceptances have gone out (but no rejections have), I see absolutely no reason to think positive news is coming for us.

Edited by TheVineyard

I also have heard nothing. However, since waitlists and acceptances have gone out (but no rejections have), I see absolutely no reason to think positive news is coming for us.

Thanks, Vineyard. But there are people whose status of rejection has been updated on the website, why was ours not updated? I hope our application is still under consideration and thus could be viewed as on the extended waitlist.  

Edited by Platonist

Thanks, Vineyard. But there are people whose status of rejection has been updated on the website, why was ours not updated? I hope our application is still under consideration and thus could be viewed as on the extended waitlist.  

I see no Duke rejection postings on the main site...

It's possible that Duke is operating with an unannounced waitlist.  I was only admitted to Duke about a week ago, but I was never told that I was on a waitlist.  I know they released initial acceptances back in January.  I thought they had waitlisted some people, so I had assumed that I would be rejected.  Unless they just forgot to let me know back in January, I assume that they waitlisted me without telling me and then admitted me later on.  But I have no idea what's going on behind the curtain so this is all speculation.  

It's possible that Duke is operating with an unannounced waitlist.  I was only admitted to Duke about a week ago, but I was never told that I was on a waitlist.  I know they released initial acceptances back in January.  I thought they had waitlisted some people, so I had assumed that I would be rejected.  Unless they just forgot to let me know back in January, I assume that they waitlisted me without telling me and then admitted me later on.  But I have no idea what's going on behind the curtain so this is all speculation.  

But it has sent out the waitlist, according to TGC results page. So it seems not operating an unannounced waitlist. I think the massive rejections are on the way. I am so disappointed. 

Edited by Platonist

But it has sent out the waitlist, according to TGC results page. So it seems not operating an unannounced waitlist. I think the massive rejections are on the way. I am so disappointed. 

Yes, one waitlist was posted.  But I was never told I was on the waitlist.  I was admitted about a month after the initial acceptances went out.  I can only assume that I was waitlisted without being told.  It might be the case that others are in the same boat.

Edited by Gnothi_Seauton

Yes, one waitlist was posted.  But I was never told I was on the waitlist.  I was admitted about a month after the initial acceptances went out.  I can only assume that I was waitlisted without being told.  It might be the case that others are in the same boat.

Thanks for the info, Gnothi. I do hope Duke is operating with an unannounced waitlist, at least it would give me some hope. According to TGC, the initial acceptances were received on January 27. When did you receive the notification of acceptance? 

Edited by Platonist

I'm claiming a Madison wait-list. I know it's a wait list, but still it's my first good news!!!!!!!

If you got in to Madison and are planning on going elsewhere, please decline your offer. I will bake you cookies! Seriously, send me your address and I'll send you cookies. Any cookies!

AHHHHH.

I was just accepted with an assistantship for the terminal M.A. at NIU. From the email: "...we had an incredibly strong and unusually large group of applicants this year since we had, so we have many excellent candidates on our waiting list. Hence it would be very helpful for us to know your decision as soon as possible."

For all M.A. Applicant out there. UH had already decide their top student for second round. IDK if it mean that they post their rejection yet, but they had in mind their top 15-20 student for admission. Funding decision is still hanging.

I was just accepted with an assistantship for the terminal M.A. at NIU. From the email: "...we had an incredibly strong and unusually large group of applicants this year since we had, so we have many excellent candidates on our waiting list. Hence it would be very helpful for us to know your decision as soon as possible."

If you will take one of your P.h.D. offer, then you probably should politely deny our NIU offer.

I'm claiming a Madison wait-list. I know it's a wait list, but still it's my first good news!!!!!!!

If you got in to Madison and are planning on going elsewhere, please decline your offer. I will bake you cookies! Seriously, send me your address and I'll send you cookies. Any cookies!

AHHHHH.

Can people who declined wait-list spots get in on this cookie offer?  ;)

I was accepted to Georgia State! Finally some good news. Of course I will have to wait for other offers if any to come in, but I am happy to know that I have an option now. If anyone on here attended Georgia State, could you please please please PM me? Thanks!

Good news bud! It's a good program to be a part of. 

Can anyone else claim the GSU acceptances? It goes without saying that if it's not your best option, I would be your best friend forever if you declined. Philstudent and I have some drinking too do and we can't do that if we aren't at the same school!

I was accepted to GSU and I will most likely be declining (also, a friend was accepted and this friend will most likely be declining as well). I am not completely sure yet though. I will keep you posted. Where are you on the waitlist?

Edited by philophilosopher