Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

By the way, for those looking to get through an anxious Friday: House of Cards season 2 (in its entirety) will be available early morning. 

I'll watch the whole season tomorrow, though. It only solves my problem for one day...

One thing I dont understand is the rejection by email. Last year they didnt send rejections and acceptance at the same time.

The Yale rejection via email looks suspicious.  See my thread on this, please.

Edited by ianfaircloud

If you run out and find yourself in need of more marathoning, I highly recommend the original BBC series which was on Netflix as well this time last year (hopefully it still is).

Ian Richardson is absolutely evil. 

One added benefit of watching the UK series is that you get a pretty nice understanding of how the UK government operates! 

Can we talk about how no one who posted for yale put any comments in the comments section? I would be freaking. What's up with these people.

I completely agree.  I think that, sadly, some people assume that what they have to say is uninteresting to us.  If I'm admitted anywhere, I'll sure as hell say something in the comments.

Detailed information about Brown:

Generic email telling you to check your status.  This will go for any wait-list or acceptance.

Website, on page that says, "Activity for [insert name]", above the list of received things, there will be a link to view decision letter.  If there's no link, then you're probably not getting in.

Detailed information about Brown:

Generic email telling you to check your status.  This will go for any wait-list or acceptance.

Website, on page that says, "Activity for [insert name]", above the list of received things, there will be a link to view decision letter.  If there's no link, then you're probably not getting in.

You get accepted?

You get accepted?

No.  And I will admit here, I'm very, very, very disappointed.  This was basically my top choice, and I also thought I had the best chance of being admitted there.  My letter writers had very close connections.  It was the best fit, etc.  So I now have 11 presumed rejections.  Very depressing!!

No.  And I will admit here, I'm very, very, very disappointed.  This was basically my top choice, and I also thought I had the best chance of being admitted there.  My letter writers had very close connections.  It was the best fit, etc.  So I now have 11 presumed rejections.  Very depressing!!

Hang in there, Ianfaircloud.  You're a quality applicant and I know that this is slightly ridiculous thing to say, given the crap shoot that is graduate admissions, but I really do feel confident that you'll get in somewhere.