Acceptance Thread

bar_scene_gambler

Does anyone have any idea when UW-Milwaukee and Brandeis will send out notifications for their MA programs?

Also, am I correct in thinking that Western Michigan has only sent out their first round of acceptances or are those all out?

I expect Brandeis to release soon. Also, I have some info on the school. If you have questions feel free to PM me. 

Milwaukee usually sends out notifications right around this time; I would be surprised if they didn't send out any by saturday. I haven't checked up on Brandeis. 

Given past years, it is very likely that WMU has only sent out first round. But I'm not certain about this. 

Thanks! I was hoping to hear that about WMU, but I wasn't sure if there was any basis for that thought. 

I expect Brandeis to release soon. Also, I have some info on the school. If you have questions feel free to PM me. 

Wow thanks. I will def. PM you if I get accepted!

Not sure. That location is more appealing to me than upstate new york or iowa... I think I'd definitely visit.

I've lived in Upstate NY for many years, and I currently live in New Orleans. If you visit Tulane, keep in mind that the weather is still beautiful this time of year. It gets pretty hot and very humid May-September, though. Also, there are a lot of nice things about Rochester that you might not see on a campus brochure. Here's four: (1) The Red Fern has, by far, the best vegan food I've ever had north of the Mason-Dixon line (their vegan cheese board will blow your mind); (2) it's not too far from quiet canal towns like Fairport, and you can bike along the Erie Canal for miles (one summer, a friend and I did the entire 365 mile canal in 4 glorious days); (3) you're not too far from the finger lakes; and (4) you can see great music at Eastman.

I've lived in Upstate NY for many years, and I currently live in New Orleans. If you visit Tulane, keep in mind that the weather is still beautiful this time of year. It gets pretty hot and very humid May-September, though. Also, there are a lot of nice things about Rochester that you might not see on a campus brochure. Here's four: (1) The Red Fern has, by far, the best vegan food I've ever had north of the Mason-Dixon line (their vegan cheese board will blow your mind); (2) it's not too far from quiet canal towns like Fairport, and you can bike along the Erie Canal for miles (one summer, a friend and I did the entire 365 mile canal in 4 glorious days); (3) you're not too far from the finger lakes; and (4) you can see great music at Eastman.

Thanks, I'll keep all that in mind! I'm a California native who went to school in Boston, looking forward to seeing other parts of the country. 

Just accepted to the MA at Oklahoma. Applied for the PhD. No funding at the moment, though there is a possibility for funding of some kind in the future. Another option, I guess.

Still no claimant for the recent Wisconsin acceptance? So far, we've all seen a bunch of hopefuls (including myself) but no claim. Anyone know any more about the situation on the waitilist?

I received a second email about a week after the intital waitlist email, but it wasn't super helpful. I had inferred (incorrectly, it seems) that I must be high up on the list to get a second email. But it didn't contain any information about ranking on the waitlist, or the liklihood of admission. Anyone know any more about this??

Still no claimant for the recent Wisconsin acceptance? So far, we've all seen a bunch of hopefuls (including myself) but no claim. Anyone know any more about the situation on the waitilist?

I received a second email about a week after the intital waitlist email, but it wasn't super helpful. I had inferred (incorrectly, it seems) that I must be high up on the list to get a second email. But it didn't contain any information about ranking on the waitlist, or the liklihood of admission. Anyone know any more about this??

I'm still stuck with Alan Sidelle's email that I'm relatively "high" on the wait-list. No idea how to interpret that. I haven't received an offer so far.

I received an email letting me know that I was on a short waitlist for Michigan Ann Arbor. I believe they tried to call me a day or two ago, but my phone wasn't working. 

congrats! Yes, both the acceptances and wait lists have gone out. So no news means a rejection. Thanks for the info. 

I received an email letting me know that I was on a short waitlist for Michigan Ann Arbor. I believe they tried to call me a day or two ago, but my phone wasn't working. 

Insanely jealous. Congrats! Did you receive that email today or yesterday?

Congrats! Any preliminary thoughts? p.s. google map St. Andrew's philosophy building, it's totally beautiful. 

Edgecliffe is a splendid building with a nice garden, and the classroom overlooks the North Sea.

Virginia is my lead contender right now. I am waitlisted for funding at St. Andrews, and I would need funding to be able to return. Same for Missouri (their process seems weirder and weirder the more I learn about it), and the fellowship there might sway me. Something draws me to SUNY, it is hard to put my finger on, but I am wiling to wager that passing on Virginia for SUNY would be unwise. 

Just accepted to the MA at Oklahoma. Applied for the PhD. No funding at the moment, though there is a possibility for funding of some kind in the future. Another option, I guess.

OU is a good choice for Philosophy of Religion, and a decent one for Epistemology. Those that went on after the MA placed well; Oxford and the like.

OU is a good choice for Philosophy of Religion, and a decent one for Epistemology. Those that went on after the MA placed well; Oxford and the like.

I'm very keen on the idea of working with Zagzebski. Very fond of her work.

Sorry I couldn't post on here sooner, but was out of town without internet (and stresing) since Sunday. Claiming an official USC rejection (by mail, no less), and an offer from UMass.