Yale MFA Directing Interviews/Auditions 2014

MSDir

I applied to Yale's Directing program for 2014. I was wondering if anyone else on here has applied and when we can expect to hear if we are invited to interview. Is anyone else as anxious as I am?  I haven't heard from them yet but believe from past years that they usually don't notify anyone until late January regarding interviews.  Would love to hear from others.

Hi Directing2014. Good luck to you as well. I will post if and when I hear something as well. I've also applied to UMass Amherst and Illinois, but Yale is my top choice. How about you? Hopefully others will share some of their experiences with us. Have you applied elsewhere?

That's wonderful news!  I haven't heard anything yet either way. May I ask how and when you were notified and which city you chose for the interview?

Hi profmastersam.  Did you get invited for an interview last year before your rejection? One of the posters on here said they were contacted for an interview already. I'm not sure if that is bad news for us or not. What was your experience last year and how far did you get in the process? I understand that many people who have been rejected in the past get accepted later.  I wish everyone on here well. 

I am hoping that others post on here and also post their interviews, acceptances, rejections, etc. 

I received a call on Jan 21 and interviewed that Friday. They said they had just started the interview process (I'm NYC-based, so makes sense that mine was early), and that it would probably be about 3 weeks before I heard anything else. Hope that helps! The interview process was great, everyone was super nice and casual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine just announced she's been accepted to this program on Facebook, but I think she got the news a couple of days ago. Just in case anyone is still looking at this thread/waiting to hear from Yale.