Fall 2014 Applicants

zaphyr

worried about my application to Electrical Eng. at Stanford. Anybody else has the same feeling? Have you heard them back? just saw today some admitts to CS at Stanford. When do we expect to hear them back? 

I got a wrongly sent acceptance letter from the school I applied to today. They say it was a system error. This was supposed to be my first decision email. It's better than a wrongly sent rejection letter, but still, worse than no reply at all.

something weird crossed my mind and is freaking me out: Is their admission process need-blind or indincating an interest in fellowships/RAs reduces your chances for Stanford EE? ealier I thought they decide on admission regradless of funding and then move on fundings? Any thoughs or ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd take any non-rejection as a good thing.  They probably contacted their top picks and their easy rejections first.  The middle group of wait list people are then notified they are solidly wait list.  Sometimes people at the very top of the wait list don't find out until a bit later because the school is waiting to confirm a few of their top picks.  Meaning that if even a couple of their first round of top picks choose somewhere else, they can quickly send an offer to the top unofficially wait listed people.

lets say they put 20 people on the official wait list.  they might notify the bottom 15 right away and keep the top 5 wait listed in Silence, hoping for a quick response from their top picks to see if spots open up.  Just what I've observed at one school, could be way off base somewhere else.  Don't know for sure.