Ohio State University Admission

etika.agarwal09

I have received an acceptance e-mail from Ohio-State University stating that my application is academically accepted for Electrical Engineering PhD but I need to submit proof of financial status documents. Doe it mean I receive no funding or the funding decision has not yet been made? What did the other folks who posted their results for Ohio State receive?

It does not mean you haven't got funding, it means funding decisions have yet to be made. I had the same thing happen to me, I emailed them and they said that I had been nominated for a fellowship, the results of which come out late feb. I imagine you will be contacted saying something similar soon.

My OSU status says that as well. I assume that you're an international applicant and thus have to provide proof of sufficient funds for visa purposes. At least in my case, according to the status of the required items on the application page, the financial documents aren't due until March 15, which allows you to wait for funding decisions before submitting the documents.  As persistent_homology said, the university-wide fellowship decisions are announced late Feb, and the majority of departments probably make their TA and RA decisions thereafter.