"What are my chances" (older student)

J. R., MPPA

Applying for MPP Programs at American University, George Washington U and George Mason

36 Year old disabled veteran

Transcripts span 1995 to today.  Grades sucked back in the day, but since returning to complete my BA in Government my last 60 semester units have been a 3.71 (Cumulative 3.36)

GRE 159 V 156 Q 3 AW (The low AW is an aberration.  One admissions person from a program I'm not applying to said the Verbal and AW don't match up.. suggested submitting a writing sample to counter the score.  Submitted a 20 page policy paper I wrote as a term paper in an urban policy class..)

3 strong Letters of recommendation from profs I formed relationships with over multiple semesters

SOP - Focused..  I know what I want to do and what policy I want to work with.  Health/Food and Drug Administration.. Drug and Durable Medical good approval processes.  Explained reason was due to health problems with my daughter and that's what inspired me to return to apply for graduate studies.. make a difference for special needs children.

TBH, I really don't know what to think.  Did I aim too high, too low? 

Edited by JackReeves