Human Development and Family Studies Fall 2014 Applicants

HDFStakeover

I have been quite frustrated trying to find anything related to this program that is not too outdated. Please share the programs to which you applied along with any decision you may be aware of. Let's vent people!!!

I hope this gets populated soon. Thanks for starting this post HDFStakeover! I applied to Penn State, Ucon, U Wisconsin Madison, and Cornell. No news yet. Although I saw one rejection (Penn State) from the results page. When are your results expected? Do share. ^_^

So a couple people got invites from Cornell? Could one of those people let me know who their POI is and/or if that was a mass email? Cornell was definitely one of the top schools on my list :-/

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my rejection letter via email from Uconn

Sad to hear that. I got my second rejection, this time from Wisconsin-Madison.

I emailed Cornell and Penn State to follow up. Penn State said I'll receive an email about a decision next week. As for Cornell, I was told that I'm not part of the 8 they've chosen for interview but they haven't rejected me either as I'm a "strong" applicant. They can only admit 4 this year due to low funding issues. I still have to wait for the outcome of the 8 interviews to see if I get to have my chance--which is quite slim. That'll be in 3 weeks.

I guess I have to reapply for fall 2015.

A friend of mine got accepted. Cheers for her. Anyone else with good news?

I gave up hope on Cornell and I'll hang on to Wisconsin for another week or two. As far as good news go, I did get accepted at Georgia and Mizzou. I had a phone interview with someone at Purdue two weeks ago and still no news. Given that a few acceptances have been posted from there, my chances are looking quite slim. I only needed one acceptance do I can't complain. I hope you get good news soon. It ain't over until it's over!!!!

• 1 year later...

I'm waiting to hear back from Connecticut for the master's program. I only just submitted my application two weeks ago though. Does anyone know of an approximate timeline for their decisions?

I'm waiting to hear back from Connecticut for the master's program. I only just submitted my application two weeks ago though. Does anyone know of an approximate timeline for their decisions?