Standardized Tests aren't my forte.

I have applied to 5 PhD programs for applied mathematics. My GRE and mGRE scores were low, to say the least. I have a small amount of research experience in dynamical systems. I have worked for my university's math dept for 2 years as a tutor/aid. My academic credentials are as followed:

Cal 1-3

Linear Algebra

Differential Equations

Mathematical Stats

C++ for Math Majors (this course is required at my university for math majors instead of the generic college computer course)

Mathematical Proofs

Topology

Math Modeling

Abstract Algebra I

Real Analysis I and II

Vector Cal

I have made A's in all of my math classes, and my overall GPA is 3.93 (made a B in sociology. oops.)

Oh, I am also finishing my BS in 3 years instead of 4, so maybe that makes me look more ambitious?

Do you guys think this will be good enough, despite my less than impressive GRE and mGRE scores? I have applied to Auburn, Clemson, UGA, Georgia Tech, and Emory University (trying to stay in the Southeast. Please give me your input.

I thought about graduating early as well but I had some professors recommend me not to and to get more classes under my belt so I would be better prepared for grad school. In hindsight I think it was a great decision since my last year I got to take a lot of grad classes, and independent reading courses. If you're doing applied might you look and taking more analysis or a PDE course? Maybe complex analysis or functional analysis? If you stay another year you can also retake those GREs. Best of luck on your apps this year though! Worst comes to worst you can apply again next year and graduate in four years!

I thought about graduating early as well but I had some professors recommend me not to and to get more classes under my belt so I would be better prepared for grad school. In hindsight I think it was a great decision since my last year I got to take a lot of grad classes, and independent reading courses. If you're doing applied might you look and taking more analysis or a PDE course? Maybe complex analysis or functional analysis? If you stay another year you can also retake those GREs. Best of luck on your apps this year though! Worst comes to worst you can apply again next year and graduate in four years!

My school is not very big, only a couple upper level math courses are offered a semester. And I've taken almost all of them. Complex will be offered again Spring of 2015, but I don't think one class is worth waiting around for. Thank you for the advice! But staying another year isn't financially in the cards right now.

I got the same situation. I'm at a small LAC, and we don't have a lot of courses offering every semester. I knew that taking more advanced/graduate courses would be helpful, as well as one more summer of research (although I don't think I will have publication anyways, even with one more year of research), but I decided to graduate one year early (due to financial reasons). I'm applying to several stats programs this year, and I would probably find a place to do research for a year if I didn't get in any of the programs I applied. So my advice is, if staying for another year is not your option, you may consider doing research for a year, getting a good recommendation from your adviser, while retaking GRE (I think math is more important than general) and reapplying next year. Of course, I wish you good luck on your apps this year!