Drexel: Online and on campus - can't apply to both?

howdygina

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was in a situation similar to my own. I applied to both the online and on campus masters in Library Science at Drexel. I was contacted by an admissions/financial aid officer from the online program who asked which format I preferred. I indicated that I preferred the online course. Truth be told, I applied to both anticipating that I would take the option that worked best in my financial favor.

I logged onto my Drexel account to check the status of my application and it now reads that my application has been withdrawn. I contacted the admissions officer and she replied (rather curtly) that since I prefer the online option, there was no need to apply to the on campus one. I replied that I was unaware that applying to both programs would be an issue.

Did I do something wrong? I don't see how she could withdraw my application without my consent and without notifying me. I want to reactivate my application but I don't know who to speak to. Should I contact the Vice President of Admissions?

Have any of you applied to an on campus and online program at the same school and encountered this issue? Have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

that seems very odd... if there WAS such a restriction, they certainly should have said so up front.

I hope you didn't have to pay for both separately!