Communication/Media Studies M.A Applications Decisions!!!

Anyone else apply for the MA in Mass Comm program at UNC-CH?

I received an interview invitation today, and will be interviewing tomorrow morning.

My Update:

- Just received Acceptance from UW-Madison's COMM Arts MA/PhD Program, with full funding. I am so excited! 

That's great! A really excellent program. It may be matched, but certainly not surpassed.

My Update:

- Just received Acceptance from UW-Madison's COMM Arts MA/PhD Program, with full funding. I am so excited! 

This is amazing news! So proud of you! Well done. 

For those waiting on UT-Austin Comm Studies MA, the grad coordinator I spoke to yesterday said that the committee was meeting this Friday and that decisions were most likely to be posted on Monday or Tuesday.

It seems like all of the programs that I've applied to are all waiting for that Mid-late February mark (or in Penn State's case, definitely March) for their announcements...the waiting continues.

For those waiting on UT-Austin Comm Studies MA, the grad coordinator I spoke to yesterday said that the committee was meeting this Friday and that decisions were most likely to be posted on Monday or Tuesday.

It seems like all of the programs that I've applied to are all waiting for that Mid-late February mark (or in Penn State's case, definitely March) for their announcements...the waiting continues.

Thank you.  This is one of two programs I applied to. 

Just received word that I was accepted to University of Oklahoma! Apparently they were only able to give 6 assistantships this cycle, but I am likely to receive funding as I'm high on the waitlist. They also are inviting me to their recruitment weekend, covering up to $300 of expenses! So happy to have good news finally!

Just received word that I was accepted to University of Oklahoma! Apparently they were only able to give 6 assistantships this cycle, but I am likely to receive funding as I'm high on the waitlist. They also are inviting me to their recruitment weekend, covering up to $300 of expenses! So happy to have good news finally!

Wow, congrats! I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Wow, congrats! I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Thanks! I don't think it was anything official, as she didn't attach anything other than the itinerary to the visit weekend in the e-mail.

Congrats everyone. I've now heard from all of the MA programs I've applied to and am almost done with everything. Time flies.lucky you! Which one are you planning to go? JLRC

Lucky you! Then, which one are you planning to go?

Just got another call from Oklahoma to tell me that I now am being offered an assistantship! Expecting an official letter next week, she said she could e-mail it Monday.

Finally funded! Time to get some meaningful sleep lol

Edited by Eastside21