PhD in Health Policy/Health Services 2014

stickynote

Hey all, 

I'm anxiously awaiting decisions. I applied to a number of PhD programs in Health Policy and Health Services Research. Just looking to see where everyone else is at? Where did you apply? Any Interviews? Any Acceptances or rejections? The results page seems sparse with anything from 2014 in the Health Policy field, so I thought I would start the discussion. 

Hi all!

I applied to these HP/HSR programs...

Harvard - no word yet?

U of Chicago - scheduled an on-site interview

Northwestern - scheduled an on-site interview

Berkeley - scheduled a phone interview

Good luck everyone.

I've heard from Johns Hopkins, Brown, and Harvard about interviews. Still waiting on a few others

I'm curious - which Harvard program/track did you apply to?

Hi everyone!

I've applied to HP/HSR programs as well, and the wait is killing me. I've applied to: 

Harvard (ESS track) - waiting (I'm going to assume that since others have already received interviews, it's a no)

Hopkins - waiting

Michigan - waiting

Northwestern - in-person interview

Minnesota - waiting

BU - waiting

Finally a thread has popped up regarding these sorts of programs!

I've applied to/heard from:

Harvard Health Policy - interview invitation, based on the timing in relation to someone's posting on the results board, it seems that invites were definitely not necessarily sent out all at once 

Columbia sociomedical sciences- waiting/no word

I applied to Browns' Health Services Research program. Haven't heard a word. I email the coordinator with no response.

i asked sarah daly last week. she siad that "hopefully, there would be some news from the committee at the end of month". i'm desperate enough, though!

I applied for a bunch of health policy PhD programs.

Penn State: accepted 

University of Washington (Seattle): accepted

Brown University: on the way to interview right now

I haven't yet heard from:

University of Minnesota

UNC

Harvard

Brandeis

Rejected by BU. It wasn't the best fit, so I'm not worried.

Has anyone applied/heard from Minnesota's HP/HSR program?  

As I said, I applied and I haven't heard.

Hello all,

I applied to:

GWU
UNC
Yale
UIC
UM

for a PhD in health policy and management

Did anyone hear back from any of these schools?

Thanks in advance!

As I said, not from UNC. And as I asked on the other thread, does UM mean Minnesota, Michigan, or some other state?

The two folks who applied to Harvard for the ESS track - I applied to that one as well. Harvard is a stretch (not very good MPH grades), but best wishes to you.

Re: University of Minnesota, I contacted PhD coordinator, and she said that adcom committee meets again in 2 weeks, so presumably news will follow (if people hear earlier, please post).  She also said that no decision/notification at this point is not necessairly bad news, but I have my doubts (am assuming offers have already been made, based on past history of results).