Incomplete application, late reco's

murial

One of my recommenders says, she hasn't been notified at all to submit any recommendation. How to deal with this? I'm continuously sending her reminders by logging in, into my application through collegeNET.

It's kind of awkward to instruct your own super. Is it necessary that emails be sent out from their official work ID's that carry host-name of the institution of which they are a part? Can't the recommendations be sent out from their gmail id's?

It's kind of awkward to instruct your own super. Is it necessary that emails be sent out from their official work ID's that carry host-name of the institution of which they are a part? Can't the recommendations be sent out from their gmail id's?

You don't need to come off as though you are instructing them. Just say, "I've read elsewhere that a lot of times these e-mails get flagged by spam filters. Have you by chance checked that folder?" However, I don't know that it matters what e-mail address they use. It's probably better for them to use their institutionally-affiliated e-mail address thought. 

No, I have always corresponded with her through her gmail ID. Even as I asked her to check her inbox, she told me that she barely uses her official work ID and that I should re-send a request on her gmail ID. I reverted back saying that it's essential we give out the official id's, to which she said she checked that one as well and found no notification.  :mellow:

No, I have always corresponded with her through her gmail ID. Even as I asked her to check her inbox, she told me that she barely uses her official work ID and that I should re-send a request on her gmail ID. I reverted back saying that it's essential we give out the official id's, to which she said she checked that one as well and found no notification.  :mellow:

Be careful, a lot of schools won't take a rec letter from a gmail, yahoo, etc. because anyone could create those accounts. If possible, she should complete it through her institutional email. If she hasn't received any of them, I bet it's in her spam folder.