2014 PH PhD applicants

soylatte5

Has anyone heard from either of these programs -interviews, wait-listing or admission decision?

GWU DrPH, Health Policy

BU DrPH in Leadership, Management and Policy

Has anyone heard from either of these programs -interviews, wait-listing or admission decision?

GWU DrPH, Health Policy

BU DrPH in Leadership, Management and Policy

I had an interview with BU in Jan. and GWU (but for a different track) a couple weeks ago. Hopefully that's helpful info and hopefully this wait is over soon!

Was accepted to Tulane's environmental health PhD program but haven't seen much talk about that on the message boards. Anyone else accepted? Have feelings about the program or opportunities in New Orleans? Didn't have an interview so it's really hard to gauge fit.

drph_2014 - I'm in your same boat. My employer encouraged me to apply to Tulane's EH PhD program so it wasn't a first choice, but I'm also trying to get a feel for the program; may make a trip down to NOLA w/ my wife to meet students/faculty. Have you heard anything about funding?

Also had an interview with GW EOH - DrPH but I know it didn't go well. GW DrPH said they'll be letting folks know by March 15th.   

drph_2014 - I'm in your same boat. My employer encouraged me to apply to Tulane's EH PhD program so it wasn't a first choice, but I'm also trying to get a feel for the program; may make a trip down to NOLA w/ my wife to meet students/faculty. Have you heard anything about funding?

No word on funding. Or really anything. Strikes me as strange. But it could be a really awesome program. And I've heard there's a lot of opportunities in the city to do cool work.

And your interview didn't go well?! They never do. And when they feel like they do, it seems like in reality they often haven't :) I wouldn't stress. If you don't mind me asking, what happened? Can't be worse than my BU interview where one of the professors started playing on his phone. :)

Also had an interview with GW EOH - DrPH but I know it didn't go well. GW DrPH said they'll be letting folks know by March 15th.

Haha, that's so unprofessional! My Emory interview went very similarly (a professor took not 1, but THREE calls during my interview). GW phone interview q's were entirely about my level of commitment to the program, and nothing about research or my background. I got the sense that my answers weren't what they were looking for, but we'll see next week! Best of luck to you, maybe we'll end up at the same place! 

I had an interview with BU in Jan. and GWU (but for a different track) a couple weeks ago. Hopefully that's helpful info and hopefully this wait is over soon!

Was accepted to Tulane's environmental health PhD program but haven't seen much talk about that on the message boards. Anyone else accepted? Have feelings about the program or opportunities in New Orleans? Didn't have an interview so it's really hard to gauge fit.

@drph_2014, Just to clarify, was your BU interview for the Leadership,Management and Policy track or was it the PhD program in EH?

Tnx.

Edited by abe14

It was for the DrPH. It's my understanding they have combined all of those tracks into one interdisciplinary program.

@drph_2014, Just to clarify, was your BU interview for the Leadership,Management and Policy track or was it the PhD program in EH?

Tnx.

*Hugs* and you never know! I'm waiting on a bunch of assumed rejections but I always keep hope. I have a very good friend who actually got rejected from her #1 choice last year and then got an acceptance with full funding and a stipend from the same school a month later! She was next on the waitlist and someone dropped out. Crazy but true!

@drph_2014, Yea..that's right. Didn't get an interview invite so I guess that's a likely rejection..sigh.

*Hugs* and you never know! I'm waiting on a bunch of assumed rejections but I always keep hope. I have a very good friend who actually got rejected from her #1 choice last year and then got an acceptance with full funding and a stipend from the same school a month later! She was next on the waitlist and someone dropped out. Crazy but true!

Wow!!..will keep the candle of hope burning then.

Waitlisted at Hopkins PhD

Accepted at UW PhD

What program at Hopkins did you apply for? I still haven't heard anything post-interview (over a month ago now) nor has my application status changed.

What program at Hopkins did you apply for? I still haven't heard anything post-interview (over a month ago now) nor has my application status changed.

Social and Behavioral Sciences. No notification to check, just logged back in to the application and saw a "Preliminary Decision" link.

Edited by awkwardsparkle

I'm curious to hear who is still waiting for official word from what schools.

I've received either acceptance/rejection from 3. The other two I've received updates from, basically giving reasons for why it's taking so long, and will take still longer. That would be Tulane and UMN, both Epi programs.

It's getting dumb at this point.

I'm curious to hear who is still waiting for official word from what schools.

I've received either acceptance/rejection from 3. The other two I've received updates from, basically giving reasons for why it's taking so long, and will take still longer. That would be Tulane and UMN, both Epi programs.

It's getting dumb at this point.

Berkeley (nothing, their admitted students day is Mar 17!), Harvard (supposedly this week) - EHS

scntv, Congratulations!!!  That is awesome news.  I was accepted to NYU with a fellowship and accepted the offer.  I still have heard nothing from GW and NYC is a better transfer option or my husband.  Best of luck to you!  What is your area of interest?  

@scntv,Congrats!!! Seems most people here applied to Health behavior. I am still yet to hear from GWU Health Policy. I am really in the late feedback train this year.

Did you hear from GWU today?

Haha, that's so unprofessional! My Emory interview went very similarly (a professor took not 1, but THREE calls during my interview). GW phone interview q's were entirely about my level of commitment to the program, and nothing about research or my background. I got the sense that my answers weren't what they were looking for, but we'll see next week! Best of luck to you, maybe we'll end up at the same place!

For anyone that has yet to hear back from Harvard, apparently they are sending out notifications till the end of this month.

I guess if you haven't heard, it probably means waitlisted or rejection...based on past years, it seems that most acceptances go out in Feb and this year they're particularly slow on the rejections.