Fall 2014 Texas schools applicants

I applied to UT-Austin. As far as I know, there is no interview for the Master's program, only for the MA/PhD program. I think I read mid-March somewhere. I wish we would find out sooner!!

Still 7 weeks to go. So long. Does anyone know if visiting UT-Austin now will give you a boost since they know you're interested? Has anyone email them regarding scholarships and tuition assistance? 

UT-Austin is not known for their scholarships and tuition assistance. The financial help they offer is VERY limited. All assistance goes to Doctorate and 2nd year grad students first and then works down from there. They say you usually can expect one GA/TA/RA position in during your time at UT, but not much more than that. This came from the Dept. head during the open-house. He was very frank about the need to make sure you have looked at other financial options outside of their scholarships/financial assistance :/

They only do one open-house per year and that was back in October. Otherwise they don't do department visits. You can do a campus tour and visit, but they won't let you schedule anything specifically with the dept.

Edited by SweetPea21

I applied to Texas State last year and did not hear anything until may. It is one of the schools that takes the longest to hear back from. They accept in rounds and do not reject anyone until program is full. I was kept on the waiting list until the end, that was hard because I still had the tiny ounce of hope that I might get in somewhere. I'm trying again this year, I will never give up. I love this field.

Good luck to all of you! In another thread, someone said they heard back from UT-Dallas already so hopefully UT-Austin and TX State will start notifying people sooner rather than later. Are all of you live in Austin or San Marcos? We could meet up to chat or something once decisions came out.

Holy crap! I got an e-mail from UT. I was accepted!!! I was not expecting a decision so early.

Congrats!!!! UT Austin or Dallas? That's so awesome!

Edited by danielle90

Wait, does Texas State require an interview?

No Texas state does not. The way Texas state works is that they do rounds of acceptances. So the people that made it to the first round will get notifications mid-march, second round,

and so on. They do not send out rejections unitl program is full. last year I recieved a letter asking i I would continue to stay on waiting list in case someone did not show up for orinetation and did not get a rejection until may 30th. I went to the information day this year and was told that they have a formula for how they determine accpetances and that gpa for csd has the most emphasis. It is the same for the University of New Mexico. I know your going to get in. This is my dream school, so I am praying my second time will be the charm. last year they had over 500 applicants!! 

I got accepted at Texas Christian University's bilingual program with 80% funding!!!!! I got called for a phone interview (all in Spanish, to test my proficiency) last week and it went well.

They just called me yesterday. It's my dream school, but I'm still curious about UT Austin and TSU (I love everything TSU's program has to offer). I also applied to Our Lady of the Lake and University of Houston, so we'll see when they let me know. Good luck to all you ladies (and guys, too!) who have applied year after year. Keep up your perseverance. :D

Edited by TerapistaRae

Congratulations SPEECHYALI and TERAPISTAREA on your acceptances, awesome news!

JNP92, UT-Dallas does Spring admissions so you could do an application to start next Spring. I know UT-Dallas and Austin are closed for Fall applications but not sure about the others. If you go to the ASHA website and search for programs in Texas you may find more info.

JNP92, UT-Dallas does Spring admissions so you could do an application to start next Spring. I know UT-Dallas and Austin are closed for Fall applications but not sure about the others. If you go to the ASHA website and search for programs in Texas you may find more info.

okk thank you!!