MIT EECS 2014

dhruv92

Guys I don't think the result section is the place to discuss :P . Lets discuss MIT EECS here, all of us are pretty much on edge so lets keep rumors to a minimum and if anyone has any updates please discuss here.

Furthermore I suggest, we discuss our profiles and chances, its therapeutic to our psyche I guess plus we know what we are up against thereby softening the blow or encouraging us. What do you know maybe we might just decode their enigmatic selection process :P

What we do know as of yet :-

1) Due to fund constraints its said the intake would be lower :(

2) Last meeting of committee is on 31st Jan.

3) Acceptances would be mailed by 1st week of Feb.

4) The blue lines and Messages from Graduate Admin came up for everyone and meant nothing. (They took it off possibly because of the confusion emanating from it).

Good Luck to all :)

Lets start the therapy. I am applying in TCS: 1 paper under submission, 5 strong LoRs (from well known researchers in TCS), Department rank 2, lots of research projects, some academic achievements. My estimate of chances at MIT: 1%.

Edited by Kazzar

Applying for AI and control systems, 2 research papers, some patents applied for at an awesome intern, 1 international competition participation, average grades, 3 good LORs.

Chances : god help me  :P

Anyone already got some sort of response? I keep seeing people in the results page with information no one else seems to have. It would be great if they would share it here so that we all know what's up.

Judging from the pattern (as seen in 2011, 2012, and 2013)

The admissions round up is about this time, i.e last week of Jan / first week of Feb on a Friday.

and the results start showing up almost exactly a week after this.

Typically if you don't get admitted during this week - you will probably get rejected.

Good Luck everyone :)

Judging from the pattern (as seen in 2011, 2012, and 2013)

The admissions round up is about this time, i.e last week of Jan / first week of Feb on a Friday.

and the results start showing up almost exactly a week after this.

Typically if you don't get admitted during this week - you will probably get rejected.

Good Luck everyone :)

Man, I have almost the same stat as you except that I'm doing EE.

So we start hearing back next Monday/Friday?

Man, I have almost the same stat as you except that I'm doing EE.

So we start hearing back next Monday/Friday?

Hey Avatar123, what's your specialization in EE? Have you got any interview from those top tier? For me, not yet and I'm freaking out...

No interview, but 2 admits (CMU NDU). I was very surprised since CMU sent out an email a week ago about just starting the review process. 

I am assuming that it's likely I have been rejected from EE programs that interview. Thoughts?

Not too sure what to specialize yet, probably circuits or MEMs (talked about both on SOP). You?

Edited by Avatar123

No interview, but 2 admits (CMU NDU). I was very surprised since CMU sent out an email a week ago about just starting the review process. 

Not too sure what to specialize yet, probably circuits or MEMs (talked about both on SOP). You?

same as mine, we are in the same research track but my Verbal/AWA is not high as I'm an international. Are you for PhD, too? Do you know how likely Stanford admits applicants not being admitted to a PhD into a MSc? They have seperate committees?  

same as mine, we are in the same research track but my Verbal/AWA is not high as I'm an international. Are you for PhD, too? Do you know how likely Stanford admits applicants not being admitted to a PhD into a MSc? They have seperate committees?  

PhD as well. No idea about Stanford. I unchecked the box for MSc, rather do a direct Ph.D. than risk not getting into Ph. D. after MSc.

The only thing that's helping my chance to MIT EECS is probably a LOR from a professor who was on sabbatical at MIT. Without that, I would say my chance is almost nil. 

Only 1 person has interview for MIT EECS so far? Would be great if you can explain your application process (did you contact the professor?)

PhD as well. No idea about Stanford. I unchecked the box for MSc, rather do a direct Ph.D. than risk not getting into Ph. D. after MSc.

The only thing that's helping my chance to MIT EECS is probably a LOR from a professor who was on sabbatical at MIT. Without that, I would say my chance is almost nil. 

Only 1 person has interview for MIT EECS so far? Would be great if you can explain your application process (did you contact the professor?)

I believe that being interviewed doesn't make sense for our area. However, the only post I saw last week about an interview with Stanford who had 152/170/3.0 and wanted to work on electronics. That made me worried about status, too.