MIT EECS 2014

dhruv92

Any news guys? The wait is killing me. Also, good luck to everybody :)

I called the admissions office on Thursday and they told me results would be posted by Saturday but I highly doubt they are going to deliver on this promise. I also asked whether or not those who haven't received results are going to rejected. The lady said: "That's not quite true, THERE WILL BE more admissions". Despite this encouragement, I still kinda lost hope already. Hoping for Cornell right now.  

I called the admissions office on Thursday and they told me results would be posted by Saturday but I highly doubt they are going to deliver on this promise. I also asked whether or not those who haven't received results are going to rejected. The lady said: "That's not quite true, THERE WILL BE more admissions". Despite this encouragement, I still kinda lost hope already. Hoping for Cornell right now.  

Thanks for the heads up and news. I am just hoping for the best. I would say do not lose your hope, anything is still possible ;) Let`s hope for next week then

Hi all, just fyi I called the MIT EECS office just now, and the secretary told me that if I haven't received an acceptance by now I could probably assume that I didn't get in.

I just called the admission office a while ago. They informed me that all acceptances are not out yet.They still have admits. She also told me that they will hopefully put up the official notification late next week in the website. So it's not over yet! More waiting.

Also, people who got some response : Do you guys remember approximately when you submitted your applications? Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for some response including me. I guess late next week it is when we all get our admission decisions

Edited by Taghi

Quite some interesting things happening in the results search. Someone waitlisted yesterday, admitted today, for instance.

Also, people who got some response : Do you guys remember approximately when you submitted your applications? Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for some response including me. I guess late next week it is when we all get our admission decisions

I have the impression that the application date (if December 15 at the latest) is unrelated to the timing of MIT's notifications.

You're a Dutchie too, by the way?

Quite some interesting things happening in the results search. Someone waitlisted yesterday, admitted today, for instance.

I have the impression that the application date (if December 15 at the latest) is unrelated to the timing of MIT's notifications.

You're a Dutchie too, by the way?

It was just a random guess (ordering of applications might be affected by it, but yeah)

I live and study in Netherlands, but I am not Dutch :)

Hi all, just fyi I called the MIT EECS office just now, and the secretary told me that if I haven't received an acceptance by now I could probably assume that I didn't get in.

Maybe they were just sick of you pestering them?

I'm just kidding!! XD Good luck!!

I just want my rejection already so I can clean up my signature. I know I'm not getting in.

I keep forgetting to mention that I'm waiting to hear from them, technically. :P

I'm starting to loose hope =(

Stárting to lose hope? Many of us hit rock bottom weeks/days ago.

Last year some people asked for their result by email. I seriously consider mailing. They are likely to give out results, since some callers got their results as well. Or maybe just in case of a rejection. Calling is not a feasible option, given the time difference.

Last year some people asked for their result by email. I seriously consider mailing. They are likely to give out results, since some callers got their results as well. Or maybe just in case of a rejection. Calling is not a feasible option, given the time difference.

Already emailed them. No response to my emails. Well, hope is the last thing we lose. I have really small hopes but it seems less likely for me to get accepted. Good luck to everyone out there waiting for some response. Calling is not possible as well because of costs and time difference Edited by Taghi

Well, perhaps I am too optimist =) (or, much more likely, too ingenuous)

Anyway, I emailed them on friday asking for updates on the status of the application, but got no answer yet (it was thursday night in their timezone, so they had the whole friday to answer).

Well, perhaps I am too optimist =) (or, much more likely, too ingenuous)

Anyway, I emailed them on friday asking for updates on the status of the application, but got no answer yet (it was thursday night in their timezone, so they had the whole friday to answer).

Ah well, everyone deals with it his/her own way. I keep hoping for the best, but fully aware of the very slight chance.

Too bad. Let us continue hoping that results will come soon now.