Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

I have not received an email about transcripts, but I did receive a return receipt from the Fulbright office.

What is the receipt for? I am getting nervous. I have recieved nothing. I know they got there but they have not sent any confirmations out.

What is the receipt for? I am getting nervous. I have recieved nothing. I know they got there but they have not sent any confirmations out.

The receipt is just a slip of paper from the post office that I sent with my transcripts.  It was sent back to me when the transcripts reached the Fulbright office.  I wouldn't be worried at all. 

I don't think transcripts are anything to worry too much over. On the Information for Recommended Candidates page it says, "Failure to submit transcripts in a timely manner can delay the final status notification." Delay not disqualify. So I don't think if a transcript gets lost in the mail they are going to throw you out. I mean what do I know, but I *think* it's safe to relax about that. And I guess unofficial reassurance is all you can really get from a forum like this. Of course when it comes to chilling about my application I'm a total hypocrite and I refresh my email like 80 times a day even though notifications for my country probably aren't until April. Glad to see I'm not alone in the waiting freak out!

I think Ireland applicants will be notified either Monday or late next week at the latest. For the UK, I predict the 16th is the day we hear. This is pure speculation of course. However, given they will continue interviewing into next week, I think it will take more than a week to put everything together. Anyone else with predictions?

I'm so glad I found this forum and wished I had found it earlier! It's great to have a support group through this stressful time. I applied for the research grant for Ecuador. I passed the preliminary... now just waiting for the final word with you all. 

Good luck!

I think Ireland applicants will be notified either Monday or late next week at the latest. For the UK, I predict the 16th is the day we hear. This is pure speculation of course. However, given they will continue interviewing into next week, I think it will take more than a week to put everything together. Anyone else with predictions?

Sending all my POSITIVE energies to the Ireland applicants~~!!! 

I applied for the same grant last year as an ETA in Jordan, and we heard on March 26th. I speculate it will be somewhat earlier, around the 16th/17th. WHICH MEANS I ONLY HAVE AROUND THREE WEEKS BEFORE I KNOW. SOS. 

... I am actually losing my mind. 

I don't think I'll hear until Mid April for Kenya :( In the past its always been mid April. Good luck to everyone in the waiting game, don't drive your self too crazy ! !!  

" Final selection results for recommended candidates will be sent out during Spring 2015.

All candidates were informed via email whether or not their applications have been recommended for final review in the host country. Final selections will be made in the coming months on a country-by-country basis, and recommended candidates will be notified of their final selection results by IIE. Most country selections will be made by mid-April, but some selections will not be finalized until June." 

Ah, a fellow Kenya applicant... Study or ETA? I've applied for a study grant and was wondering if, indeed, we won't find out until April. That's frustrating if true because it means I'll have to have started applications for Wenner Genn and DDRA (just announced) at the same time. Mid-April seems like a such a long ways out for what are only, probably 10-12 applications to scrutinize. 

Either way, best of luck!

Ah, a fellow Kenya applicant... Study or ETA? I've applied for a study grant and was wondering if, indeed, we won't find out until April. That's frustrating if true because it means I'll have to have started applications for Wenner Genn and DDRA (just announced) at the same time. Mid-April seems like a such a long ways out for what are only, probably 10-12 applications to scrutinize. 

Either way, best of luck!

I am study as well ! and I agree ! what is your proposal about ? The Wenner Genn grant also sounds like an amazing opportunity ! Good luck on all your applications !  

I'm hoping countries will start to hear back tomorrow! That's still what the timeline says online. Fingers crossed some people get good news tomorrow. 

PS I finally caved and made an account here after stalking this forum every day since I got my recommendation email (probably not a healthy thing). I'm getting more an more anxious each day!

I'm hoping countries will start to hear back tomorrow! That's still what the timeline says online. Fingers crossed some people get good news tomorrow. 

PS I finally caved and made an account here after stalking this forum every day since I got my recommendation email (probably not a healthy thing). I'm getting more an more anxious each day!

Considering my country has notified historically between April and June, I'm not holding my breath. Keeping my fingers crossed for y'all, though!

Anyone else applying to countries in the Caucasus? I applied to Georgia and was recommended. I don't expect to hear anything any time soon since they didn't notify until April 28 last year. Just seeing who else is out there!

I think I might be the other Georgia person you're looking for. I'm pretty stoked to even be a finalist and even moreso since I'm not the only one marking the days on my calendar...

Ireland's awards should be going out in the next couple of days! Next week at the latest, supposedly!

Eeeek!!! This is your week, rockermaster! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Can't wait to hear about your PRINCIPLE STATUS!

I agree--- I'm predicting that week, also.  Except I'm guessing the 17th. I think I remember reading someone's obsessive analysis on last year's forum saying notifications always seem to go out on Tuesdays and Fridays. Maybe that was just for recommendations, though. As anxious as I am, I decided not to go actually check on that.

Edited by RosyPosy68

WELCOME TO THE FOLD!!!! 

..We are your friends!  :)  :D  :P

...I woke up really excited today...I'm sure I won't hear back for another week or two, or possibly even three...but the fact that some people may start hearing back this week makes me extremely happy...

HAPPY MONDAY MARCH 2ND EVERYONE! 

/end

Hi everyone. UK applicants, sorry, but I have frustrating news. They emailed me literally this morning to reschedule my interview for Monday, March 9th. So yeah .... At this rate, I am sure I am the last one, so I guess we should start making estimates from the 10th. 

Tajikistan applicant here! In the past, notifications have happened late April, but I had my interview a few weeks back and the person said they'd be sending their rankings to DC the next week. So, I think it is now just a matter of State Department approving the selected candidates now. How long can that take? Hopefully not another 8 weeks!

I'm so glad I found this forum and wished I had found it earlier! It's great to have a support group through this stressful time. I applied for the research grant for Ecuador. I passed the preliminary... now just waiting for the final word with you all. 

Good luck!

I applied for a research grant for Ecuador as well! Fingers crossed :) I'm anticipating not hearing until April, though.

Hi everyone. UK applicants, sorry, but I have frustrating news. They emailed me literally this morning to reschedule my interview for Monday, March 9th. So yeah .... At this rate, I am sure I am the last one, so I guess we should start making estimates from the 10th. 

Well that's indeed frustrating. I hope it doesn't get to you and it doesn't push back notifications. Good luck on the interview!

Hey all, I've been lurking for a month or so now and I figured there's no harm in joining the conversation. I've applied to the ETA in Vietnam, and my Skype interview is tonight! Some nerves but I did a Skype test yesterday night with one of the ladies and she was very cheery and positive so I'm excited.

Historically, Vietnam has given notifications kinda late. (2014- Apr 25, 2013- May 2, 2012- Apr 4, 2011- Apr 30) I'm not expecting an early notification, but I would like to know before I graduate (May 9). x)

I applied for the same grant last year as an ETA in Jordan, and we heard on March 26th. I speculate it will be somewhat earlier, around the 16th/17th. WHICH MEANS I ONLY HAVE AROUND THREE WEEKS BEFORE I KNOW. SOS. 

... I am actually losing my mind. 

Ahhhh a fellow Jordan ETA finalist!! Hey :)

Good to know I haven't been the only one basically dying from waiting. I can't even imagine having to wait for the decision twice, so PROPS