Fulbright 2015-2016

Oliebollen

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post on here. Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Bangladesh?? I applied as an ETA--anyone else for Bangladesh ETA or research? Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully we will all hear back soon. 

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post on here. Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Bangladesh?? I applied as an ETA--anyone else for Bangladesh ETA or research? Best of luck to everyone! Hopefully we will all hear back soon.

Applied for Bangladesh research, still waiting. I was so sure we were going to hear this week...

Alternate for Moldova....not sure what's next :/

Oh no! Your future will be amazing (and include delicious food) no matter what.

Hi Everyone!

Bangladesh and the -stans are the only countries in South/Central Asia waiting to hear back. (I'm Central Asia.) Welcome to the club! Hurrah!

Ok I stupidly forgot that I wasn't supposed to submit the first page of the medical exam form. GAH! They won't rescind their offer over that stupidity, will they??

They'll probably just tell you to resend! I had to do that because of an issue with a signature. :)

Edited by nsnotable

Hi friends,

Another Jordan applicant here. Still haven't heard and was looking around the internet for people to commiserate with. I just found this forum and you all seem lovely, and the information has been really helpful, so thank you all :)

Aside from the general terror of still not having heard, the dates for orientation sent out in that strange save the date email align almost precisely with my final exam week and graduation from undergrad. Does anyone know how common it is to get exemptions from orientation? I know it's ceremonial, but I'd really hate to miss graduation, let alone reschedule exams.

Hey everyone! I haven't seen anyone writing about Albania on here, but if there are any Principle Candidates for Albania out there, I'd love to know whether you plan to accept. I found out that I'm an Alternate a few days ago and it would be really helpful to know if there is any chance of getting bumped up to Principle Candidate. Congrats to all the Principle Candidates!

Hey! I'm a selected for Albania, but I'll be going! I have no idea about the other slots though!

I just turned in my thesis, I have one joke final tomorrow, and I graduate this Sunday. However, the only thing preventing me from being truly excited is the fact that we still haven't heard about Taiwan ETA's.... aslkdjgal;skjdg;lakjdsgl;  -_-

Have any of the Taiwan research ppl on here received add'l information about the terms and other stuff? It's kind of weird that it has taken so long, right? For others... does anyone have an idea of how long the gap tends to be between receiving your first email informing of your acceptance and receiving the more detailed paperwork? I thought the waiting game was over... now I'm starting to get anxious about how I'll be able to enroll at my host institution in time.

I just turned in my thesis, I have one joke final tomorrow, and I graduate this Sunday. However, the only thing preventing me from being truly excited is the fact that we still haven't heard about Taiwan ETA's.... aslkdjgal;skjdg;lakjdsgl;  -_-

I give up. Found two programs to apply to in the meantime, because I've accepted defeat.

Who am I kidding, I'm still constantly checking this forum and my email. I JUST WANT TO KNOW. I wonder why they're taking so long this year, really hope it doesnt take until May...

Hi friends,

Another Jordan applicant here. Still haven't heard and was looking around the internet for people to commiserate with. I just found this forum and you all seem lovely, and the information has been really helpful, so thank you all :)

Aside from the general terror of still not having heard, the dates for orientation sent out in that strange save the date email align almost precisely with my final exam week and graduation from undergrad. Does anyone know how common it is to get exemptions from orientation? I know it's ceremonial, but I'd really hate to miss graduation, let alone reschedule exams.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but from what I've gathered the orientation is mandatory. If you don't attend they could rescind your grant. Maybe in special cases they might make an exception? I would email the program manager for your region and ask; that would probably be the best way to get a complete answer!

Edited by nsnotable

Have any of the Taiwan research ppl on here received add'l information about the terms and other stuff? It's kind of weird that it has taken so long, right? For others... does anyone have an idea of how long the gap tends to be between receiving your first email informing of your acceptance and receiving the more detailed paperwork? I thought the waiting game was over... now I'm starting to get anxious about how I'll be able to enroll at my host institution in time.

It was about a week between getting my acceptance email from IIE and hearing from the commission in Indonesia. For some reason it also took a few extra days for the email to show up in my school email (I got it the day of in my personal email account), so it could be that due to the firewalls, etc. 

If you're ultra worried, I would suggest emailing the program manager at IIE. :)