SAIS Applications and Fellowships

From the SAIS Bologna blog: "Candidates who have applied to SAIS for 2014-15 will learn very soon if they were admitted or not. Some will be accepted, others not."

I bet they'll announce all decisions tomorrow.

I read somewhere that it's usually done in the evening...should be an interesting day tomorrow...

From the SAIS Bologna blog: "Candidates who have applied to SAIS for 2014-15 will learn very soon if they were admitted or not. Some will be accepted, others not."

I bet they'll announce all decisions tomorrow.

I read somewhere that it's usually done in the evening...should be an interesting day tomorrow...

So today is the big day. Please let us know if you get any feedback from SAIS. It's almost 6pm (March 14) here but I have a bad feeling I wont be able to sleep from all the waiting. 

So today is the big day. Please let us know if you get any feedback from SAIS. It's almost 6pm (March 14) here but I have a bad feeling I wont be able to sleep from all the waiting. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will not release until 5-6pm EST... for which I have no real evidence... but that's gotta be like 5-6 AM in the Philippines!

Heard from a friend at SAIS today - decisions are definitely comin' round the mountain sometime in the next 9 hours.  G'luck everybody!

Ah terrifying! I'm going to hear from two schools in one day, and after the IHEID fiasco this morning I hope my sanity can take it. Thanks for the update! Very much appreciated.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they will not release until 5-6pm EST... for which I have no real evidence... but that's gotta be like 5-6 AM in the Philippines!

j023, are you also from the Philippines?

Goodluck everyone!

Ah terrifying! I'm going to hear from two schools in one day, and after the IHEID fiasco this morning I hope my sanity can take it. Thanks for the update! Very much appreciated.

Oh my god, wait, is Georgetown coming out today too? Can we just fast forward to 5:00PM CST SO WE FINALLY CAN KNOW?! 

Sorry to hear about your IHEID mess :( But hopefully it's only downhill for you from here and you'll get great news this evening! Fingers crossed for you! 

Good luck to everyone! 

Just got an email telling me to log in and view the letter. I'm in! :) For starting at Bologna, which was my preference. Good luck to everyone else!

Did anyone get funding info in their letter? My letter says my reply deadline is April 20, supposedly the response deadline for those awarded fellowships, yet my letter doesn't say anything about financial aid. Hopefully they're releasing that info separately?

In any case, I'm ecstatic!

Edited by Ruella76

I know last year they sent some financial aid awards in a separate letter the next day, possibly Monday then. Oh and serious congrats!!!!

Edited by Katrun

Oh my god, wait, is Georgetown coming out today too? Can we just fast forward to 5:00PM CST SO WE FINALLY CAN KNOW?! 

Sorry to hear about your IHEID mess :( But hopefully it's only downhill for you from here and you'll get great news this evening! Fingers crossed for you! 

Good luck to everyone! 

I heard from IHEID this morning - unfortunately I was part of their mass email glitch and was rejected. If I hear from SAIS tonight, it'll be two schools in one day. I suspect SFS will be after the weekend but I really have no idea when we'll hear back from them. I felt like my app to SAIS was the weakest so I don't expect good news. Definitely going to be watching romcoms and eating cookie dough this evening. xD

Just got an email telling me to log in and view the letter. I'm in! :) For starting at Bologna, which was my preference. Good luck to everyone else!

Did anyone get funding info in their letter? My letter says my reply deadline is April 20, supposedly the response deadline for those awarded fellowships, yet my letter doesn't say anything about financial aid. Hopefully they're releasing that info separately?

Congrats!~ I thought we would hear back tonight - now I'll be sure to keep an eye on my email all day.

It might just be Bologna first in case anybody's nervous...I believe my app was handled entirely by the Bologna center, since I put it as a preference and was counted as a "non-US applicant" (have dual US-foreign citizenship) and was interviewed for the program. Maybe they've come out with those decisions first.

Also I was a bit too antsy about the funding notice--I ended up getting an email like five minutes later. 20kEUR for first year :)

I heard from IHEID this morning - unfortunately I was part of their mass email glitch and was rejected. If I hear from SAIS tonight, it'll be two schools in one day. I suspect SFS will be after the weekend but I really have no idea when we'll hear back from them. I felt like my app to SAIS was the weakest so I don't expect good news. Definitely going to be watching romcoms and eating cookie dough this evening. xD

That's awful about IHEID. I wouldn't worry too much about the other decisions yet--European and American schools have such different admissions criteria. In the US it's a bit more holistic IMO; in Europe they seem to care mainly about your grades and how similar your undergrad degree was to their program. Plus they don't take GRE into account. It's why I didn't apply to any European programs, I was certain I wouldn't get in! I wouldn't get too down, you may have some good news yet.

Edited by Ruella76

Hi Ruella,

I also got in at SAIS-Bologna and I'm so excited I am doing cartwheels right now lol.

I didn't get any funding info in my letter either nor any mention of funding. I am guaranteed a small scholarship though so the fact there was no mention of that makes me believe that funding will be in a separate message if we are fortunate to receive financial aid.

Congrats again!

It might just be Bologna first in case anybody's nervous...I believe my app was handled entirely by the Bologna center, since I put it as a preference and was counted as a "non-US applicant" (have dual US-foreign citizenship) and was interviewed for the program. Maybe they've come out with those decisions first.

Also I was a bit too antsy about the funding notice--I ended up getting an email like five minutes later. 20kEUR for first year :)

Thanks for the tip. Mine was in my spam folder! 10kEUR for first year :)