SAIS Applications and Fellowships

In InDev, Bologna campus!

They only offers $ for the first year.  Anyone has any idea about second year funding? Is it possible to renew the $ or get a TA or RA position?

Best luck to everyone who applied to SAIS!

In InDev, Bologna campus!

They only offers $ for the first year.  Anyone has any idea about second year funding? Is it possible to renew the $ or get a TA or RA position?

Best luck to everyone who applied to SAIS!

The email said 2nd year aid packages are usually smaller, which seems counter-intuitive given you are in a better position to get TAs, RAs and other types of Work-Study. The DC Campus also has a lot fewer international endowments so that might explain it.

I couldn't find much on the admitted student website about the IDEV class profile, class size etc. Though I browsed thorough a PDF of IDEV requirements chart. Anybody got any info on  class profile, class size of the DC campus

I couldn't find much on the admitted student website about the IDEV class profile, class size etc. Though I browsed thorough a PDF of IDEV requirements chart. Anybody got any info on  class profile, class size of the DC campus

I got a brochure on JHU SAIS before I applied. Says here the following:

SAIS at a Glance

School founded: 1943

Number of students: Washington: 675

Bologna: 200

Nanjing: 180

Students by M.A. Concentration:

International policy areas: 66%

Regions of the world: 34%

Academic partnerships: 40 students

Student Body: Male 50%, Female 50%

Number of countries: 70

US Students: 59%

Non-US Students:41%

There's a bit more info but mostly about GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL scores.

Also says that the average age of MA students is 26 with an average work experience of 2.2 years.

Hope this helps.

Any other potential dual-degrees out there, specifically MA/MBA? 

Regarding the division per program, I get the sense that IDEV is one of the larger concentrations, but I cannot confirm that with any stats. As an industry, international development (in DC at least) also leans more heavily female. Interestingly, my offer letter said nothing about the intermediate micro requirement (which I believe I would still need to fulfill, unless my first micro course was sufficient?).

Congratulations all!

I've been told by several students that IDEV is by far the largest concentration (though it is capped). One of them also indicated that the next two largest concentrations are Energy/Environment and Latin America/Caribbean.

Is this in everyone's offer letter??

Candidates who have submitted their SAIS financial aid application and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15 will be sent a separate communication from the Office of Financial Aid providing them with instructions to access and accept their financial aid awards. If your FAFSA was submitted after the 15th, award information will follow within two weeks of receipt.