Dropping CS Course

CSallday

I am a CS major. I have taken many CS courses throughout my college career. However, this semester, I am in one CS course that I plan to drop because it is not required, isn't too interesting, and is taking time away from my research. I am taking two courses for the general requirements of my university, an electrical engineering course, research for credit, and another research methods class. Will this lack of CS courses in my final semester before I apply negatively affect my chances for PhD admissions? 

I am a CS major. I have taken many CS courses throughout my college career. However, this semester, I am in one CS course that I plan to drop because it is not required, isn't too interesting, and is taking time away from my research. I am taking two courses for the general requirements of my university, an electrical engineering course, research for credit, and another research methods class. Will this lack of CS courses in my final semester before I apply negatively affect my chances for PhD admissions? 

Unless it is very related to the area of research you are working in and plan to pursue a Ph.D in, dropping it will go unnoticed.