Fall 2014 Applicants - Canadian Universities

episkey

Hey, guys, really nice to find some people in the very same situation.

Do yout think that hose who haven't yet heard back from UofT, could still have an acceptation, or that's about it? (I'm an internaitonal applicant).

Edited by TCsT

Hey, guys, really nice to find some people in the very same situation.

Do yout think that hose who haven't yet heard back from UofT, could still have an acceptation, or that's about it? (I'm an internaitonal applicant).

I heard that UofT finalized their decisions yesterday, so they've probably send out all their acceptances :(

I heard that UofT finalized their decisions yesterday, so they've probably send out all their acceptances :(

well, that sucks...not so much though, if there really where so few international places. i have heard that they have to deal with pretty strict quotas, but "one or two"? pretty crazy.

thanks for your swift answer though, always better to see things clearly. :)

Edited by TCsT

well, that sucks...not so much though, if there really where so few international places. i have heard that they have to deal with pretty strictc quotas, but "one or two"? pretty crazy.

No problem! Hope I'm wrong, though. Good luck :D

Edited by episkey

well, that sucks...not so much though, if there really where so few international places. i have heard that they have to deal with pretty strict quotas, but "one or two"? pretty crazy.

I hope I'm wrong too! The "one or two" thing is what the graduate office told me a few months ago. Who knows, maybe they are actually flexible about this! 

Good luck. 

I hope I'm wrong too! The "one or two" thing is what the graduate office told me a few months ago. Who knows, maybe they are actually flexible about this! 

Good luck. 

I'm afraid, international quota is not something the department could be flexible about. Im pretty sure, it's regulated by the province or something...

Still, we'll see.

Good luck to you too!

U of T emailed me; I am on the waitlist. That international applicant quota is what did me in. Now to hope the already accepted international students at Toronto decide to go somewhere bigger and better with more money! :)

Edited by Brisingamen

U of T emailed me; I am on the waitlist. That international applicant quota is what did me in. Now to hope the already accepted international students at Toronto decide to go somewhere bigger and better with more money! :)

A guy I know was accepted into u of t for medieval history. I think it's for an MA, though. Not sure if that matters. I'll link him here and see what he says. Not sure if he's accepting or not.

A guy I know was accepted into u of t for medieval history. I think it's for an MA, though. Not sure if that matters. I'll link him here and see what he says. Not sure if he's accepting or not.

Thanks! I think it does matter; i.e., there are separate quotas for MA and PhD. Good luck to him. 

heard back from Queen's (accepted!), still waiting on UBC, UofT, McGill, and Western. 

For UBC, all it says under my application is application received. For some reason, it says that all my references have submitted, but then separately gives me a big red x on the checklist item: "submit three reference letters" (I hope that made sense to anyone) - im assuming this is because only two of my refs submitted online, while one submitted a paper reference. What else does anyone have under Application Status? (Also, when do they commonly make decisions?)

Thanks! I think it does matter; i.e., there are separate quotas for MA and PhD. Good luck to him. 

Yup - Medieval Studies is an entirely separate department at UofT.

heard back from Queen's (accepted!), still waiting on UBC, UofT, McGill, and Western. 

For UBC, all it says under my application is application received. For some reason, it says that all my references have submitted, but then separately gives me a big red x on the checklist item: "submit three reference letters" (I hope that made sense to anyone) - im assuming this is because only two of my refs submitted online, while one submitted a paper reference. What else does anyone have under Application Status? (Also, when do they commonly make decisions?)

Also waiting on Western - fingers crossed we hear back soon!

Yup - Medieval Studies is an entirely separate department at UofT.

Also waiting on Western - fingers crossed we hear back soon!

For Western, did you apply to the MA or PhD? Also, Public History or regular?

Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed!

KDelamont, you should email them about that just in case. All my checklist items are marked as submitted...

Thanks. I will do that. I know that Mr. Wu (the grad coordinator) has to manually go in and change things on that portal, so I'm assuming it's just out of date. But I will send an email tomorrow. 

For Western, did you apply to the MA or PhD? Also, Public History or regular?

MA, regular. I'm an undergrad there right now, and by and large nobody has heard back (except, apparently, a 5th year student who claims to have been accepted a single day after submitting his app - informal, maybe)

As well, for those who are here reading and interested, I heard a rumour that Wester re-opened their apps, presumable as a result of low applications. Not 100% on that, though.