To Berkeley International Applicants (non-science majors)

elisewin

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to mention something to all the international applicants to UC Berkeley in any non-science major (such as Art History or East Asian Studies, the two departments I personally know).

I studied at UC Berkeley a couple of years ago as an exchange student, and of course talked about my future with my professors. All of them told me that it is almost impossible to get accepted in grad school at Berkeley in that type of program if you are an international student due to lack of funding. I even applied last year (because I thought I might as well try anyway) to the PhD program in Art History and was told by my POI I was rejected because of that.

I don't know if it helps you guys feel any better, but I thought I should mention it, just in case!

Keep your chins up!

Even though I applied to Clinical Psychology, this makes me feel a lot better. I feel like this admissions cycle has been so brutal, so it's nice to have confirmation that it is the international factor getting in the way.

By-the-by, I see that you were accepted at Ohio State!! Congrats!! I also got an offer there! International grad cafe meet up in middle America? :P

Edited by regulatethatemotion