campus visit and not attend there?

bibidibadidibu

Hi all,

I have been accepted in three schools in same major, and they asked me to visit campus (they cover expense). I wanted to look around the experiment labs, libraries, and campus area. 

Some Phd students asked me to not to go if I won't attend there, because it will make awkward situation later (meet at conference, job talk etc). Some other PhD students told me that they invited me because they want me to attend there, so it is ok if I won't accept admission from there. It confused me and don't know what I should do. 

Is it ok that I visit there and not attend there later? 

They invite you to visit campus before the decision deadline (April 15th) because they want to convince you to attend. If you are still undecided on a school, the campus visit can help you decide. It's okay to decline if you decide, after the visit, that it's not the right place for you.

If you are 100% sure you won't go there, then there is no point attending. It will waste everyone's time.

But, if you are still figuring out where you want to go, then definitely attend to find out what this program has to offer you. Also, it might not be possible to visit everywhere if you get in a lot of places, I found that the visits are really helpful. I learned a lot more about some programs that I didn't know before, some of it surprising! 

I think three schools is a good number to visit though. Keep an open mind and see how you feel about each program!

If you are 100% sure you won't go there, then there is no point attending. It will waste everyone's time.

But, if you are still figuring out where you want to go, then definitely attend to find out what this program has to offer you. Also, it might not be possible to visit everywhere if you get in a lot of places, I found that the visits are really helpful. I learned a lot more about some programs that I didn't know before, some of it surprising! 

I think three schools is a good number to visit though. Keep an open mind and see how you feel about each program!

They invite you to visit campus before the decision deadline (April 15th) because they want to convince you to attend. If you are still undecided on a school, the campus visit can help you decide. It's okay to decline if you decide, after the visit, that it's not the right place for you.

Thank you all! your response really helped me :)

If you're 100% sure you won't go there, why did you even apply? (Unless you just didn't get funding)

I am visiting all that want to fly me out! I genuinely think it will help with my decision and I feel no guilt.