New to GRE and applying for MS...any tips or words of wisdom?

odet82

Hello everyone, 

I really do not know how to start this post. But i am quit new to every thing here in this forum, a friend suggested it and hope to learn from every one out there. I just applied for my MS...yayyy right. It has been a very hard decision for me, and it seems that i might have made a big jump to it all. But i am very strong and determined to learn, So i do hope i get some pointers, and advise from all of you.

thank you .cheers

Hello everyone, 

I really do not know how to start this post. But i am quit new to every thing here in this forum, a friend suggested it and hope to learn from every one out there. I just applied for my MS...yayyy right. It has been a very hard decision for me, and it seems that i might have made a big jump to it all. But i am very strong and determined to learn, So i do hope i get some pointers, and advise from all of you.

thank you .cheers

I applied to MS first too, and took GRE four days later. GRE is pretty basic. Quantitative is basic algebra, geometry, and stat. Verbal makes you read essays and identify main topics, identify synonyms. Writing makes you, well, write about your opinion or idea on a general topic. I remember writing about 1) breaking social norms and 2) assumptions and logical errors found in a given story. Even though these are basic questions and topics, the exam is timed which means you have to pace yourself accordingly. You don't get points for unanswered items.