Should I ask a question to the program administrator/director?

MastersHoping

Hello all,

I was thinking about sending an email to the director of my first-choice program about clarification for some language requirements. It's information that is explained on the website, but there is a part that is a little unclear to me.

Would this been seen as enthusiastic on the part of the applicant? Or merely annoying? Or even pretentious that I'm looking at the program's requirements without even being accepted yet?

Hello all,

I was thinking about sending an email to the director of my first-choice program about clarification for some language requirements. It's information that is explained on the website, but there is a part that is a little unclear to me.

Would this been seen as enthusiastic on the part of the applicant? Or merely annoying? Or even pretentious that I'm looking at the program's requirements without even being accepted yet?

I think that maybe the best time to do this would be before or immediately after applying? Submitting an application would imply that you understood the requirements of the program and have self-assessed your qualifications, I think.