Post Interview Acceptance Rates

tuckbro

Since this is my main question at this point, I thought it would be a good idea if everyone to add any information they obtain from the interviews for future interviewees.

School                             Program                   number interviewed         number accepted 

These numbers are based on what the programs told me they were going to take. Offers have been extended at this point, but I am not 100% sure they stuck to these exact numbers.

Purdue University                                     PhD Counseling Psychology      30 interviewed (25 in-person, 5 Skype)        6 accepted (target)

University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee        PhD School Psychology            14 (11 in-person, 3 Skype)                            4 accepted (target)

Edited by iphi

• 4 weeks later...

School Program Number interviewed Number expected to be accepted

MIT BE PHD 36 34

Source: grad students at interviews. They only invite those they intend to accept. There are always one I two who eliminate themselves for various reasons.