Valentines for theologians

Macrina

That was wonderful, Macrina. Here is my totally irrelevant contribution to Valentine's Day. It has nothing to do with theology or the study of religion---maybe the study of the Disney Canon as a secular religion but with Valentine's Day cards? There might be an argument to be made if you squint. Well, for the theologians and practitioners of the Disney variety, enjoy!! :D

http://blogs.disney.com/oh-my-disney/2014/02/12/brutally-honest-disney-valentines-day-cards/?cmp=SMC|blgomd|OMDFebruary|FB|Honest-Disney|InHouse|021214|||esocialmedia|||

I never took a class dealing with Luther or really ever read any of his writings, but I'm heard repeatedly that the guy strongly encouraged heavy drinking (particularly when faced with despair) and that he was extremely fond of equitable sexual practices. Going so far as to say that if a man was unable to please his wife sexually, she's entitled to take on a lover.

Sounds like a good man.

I never took a class dealing with Luther or really ever read any of his writings, but I'm heard repeatedly that the guy strongly encouraged heavy drinking (particularly when faced with despair) and that he was extremely fond of equitable sexual practices. Going so far as to say that if a man was unable to please his wife sexually, she's entitled to take on a lover.

Sounds like a good man.

Well when your position on justification is that you can contribute nothing to your own salvation and literally everything you do is sin, then I guess go nuts!